Was ERod too much for Andrew Miller

isestrex

ERod for Miller  

224 members have voted

1. 1. ERod for Miller

• It's a steal
    • I'm fine with that price but I'll miss him.
    • Too much: worried about only 2 months of Miller vs a long career of ERod

I'm not gonna lie, that was the best crowd at a sporting event that I've ever seen. Baltimore sports fans are topped by no one.

I had gotten out of my dentist appointment and was watching it at a restaurant. Everybody went crazy went Delmon hit that double. One of the best O's moments I've ever had!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The undisputed worst trade in Baltimore history is when we traded Curt Schilling, Pete Harnisch and Steve Finley to the Astros for Glenn Davis.

Let's not forget that it took Schilling and Finley getting traded again before they turned into real stars. So that trade wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Finley and Schilling were middling players that hadn't figured it out and Harnisch was actually the prize of the deal.

This is one is definitely more of an "F you Orioles" from the start. I see a big lefty that can sit in the mid 90's and command three pitches. I see C.C. Sabathia. If he ends up having a similar career, will that be worse than the Glenn trade?

Yes, I thought this deserved it's own thread.

I had to read this three times before I realized you were talking about Rodriguez for Miller.

And you're STILL full of malarky!

We had a chance and went for it.

Eduardo Rodriguez and Jake Arrieta are the two best pitchers to come through the Orioles system since Mike Mussina....and the Orioles traded them for two rental players.

Wow!! That is quite an accomplishment for 20.2 innings of MLB. And I agree completely, why I was just thinking about when you warned everyone that the best the Orioles pitcher developed in nearly 2 decades should not be traded...and then Eric Bedard walked by and I just can't stop laughing.

Seriously.

It's strikes me as funny how we hear all this whining about how we never go for it, we don't want to win blah, blah, and then when they take a shot, and go for it, we hear all this whining about how we have mortgaged the future, blah, blah.

It's strikes me as funny how we hear all this whining about how we never go for it, we don't want to win blah, blah, and then when they take a shot, and go for it, we hear all this whining about how we have mortgaged the future, blah, blah.

The funniest part is that it's the same people who always complain about both things.

The undisputed worst trade in Baltimore history is when we traded Curt Schilling, Pete Harnisch and Steve Finley to the Astros for Glenn Davis.

Let's not forget that it took Schilling and Finley getting traded again before they turned into real stars. So that trade wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Finley and Schilling were middling players that hadn't figured it out and Harnisch was actually the prize of the deal.

This is one is definitely more of an "F you Orioles" from the start. I see a big lefty that can sit in the mid 90's and command three pitches. I see C.C. Sabathia. If he ends up having a similar career, will that be worse than the Glenn trade?

Yes, I thought this deserved it's own thread.

The Glenn Davis trade gutted what was a well below average farm system of talent. The Millet trade was for a prospect that wasn't close to the Os best prospect with a system that is pretty good. Even if E Rod turns into a phenom it would just be bad luck for the Os. But it's hardly anywhere near the worst trade ever.

Eduardo Rodriguez and Jake Arrieta are the two best pitchers to come through the Orioles system since Mike Mussina....and the Orioles traded them for two rental players.

With all due respect if you deserve any.... Arrieta was a 5-6 era pitcher here that got tons of chances. I'm glad for him he's doing well in the NL. Jake needed a change of scenery and had very little value when he left. Everyone knew he had talent, but he could've easily faded away.

E Rod has a lot to prove to make the other half of your statement close to true.

But who thought that was likely to happen? The guy was given every chance in the world and failed. I'm not going to begrudge the Orioles for that. As for E-Rod, he looks like he's going to be good and I can understand criticism for the trade, but let's wait more than 3 starts before putting him past someone like Bedard or Tillman.

Schilling was already somewhat of a failed prospect when he was traded. More of a Jake Arrietta scenario.

Obviously from a results standpoint nothing will compare to the Glenn Davis trade. But I think there are some mitigating factors at play there. Most notably that the team we traded those guys to didn't get the benefit of the bulk of their productivity. That's not going to be the case with the Red Sox and EdRod.

Don't forget that he is also in our division and we will have to face him five times a year until 2021 at the earliest.

OK, but you are making the argument against the Miller trade based on results after the fact. If Ed Rod is still a AAA pitcher with 3.50 ERA we are not having this conversation. You can't say that the Davis trade was only bad based on results and then go and second guess the Ed Rod trade based on results.

That's an opinion.

Personally I was GOD DAMN glad to be rid of Jake! Ed Rod less so but no big deal. Fodder.

Thank you. I'm not going to complain about the trade. The only question in hindsight will be whether the team should have resigned Miller.

As for Arrieta, I'm tired of the argument. ARRIETA WAS NOT GOING TO SUCCEED WITH THE ORIOLES. Maybe we should have kept him and finished off his career? That would have been cruel.

Archived