Gonzalez optioned to Norfolk

mdbdotcom

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? He isn't going to stay down.

I think the thing is no matter what the move, September 1 is only 3 weeks away. Temporary move however you look at it. As long as a player is in the organization by August 31 they are eligible for playoffs. Wieters and Johan Santana open up 2 roster moves for playoffs even if players are in the minors on August 31.

Why? He isn't going to stay down.

I think the issue is people are questioning a move that sends down a guy who just had a clutch start and now will have to stay at least 10 days barring injury. McFarland or Brach both would have been options with MGon going to the pen.

That way, if this is a bad start for Ubaldo then you plug Miggy back in right away.

I think the issue is people are questioning a move that sends down a guy who just had a clutch start and now will have to stay at least 10 days barring injury. McFarland or Brach both would have been options with MGon going to the pen.

That way, if this is a bad start for Ubaldo then you plug Miggy back in right away.

I suspect Buck wants to keep Gonzo starting in case he needs him as a starter due to another starter's injury or ineffectiveness.

I think they want to keep Miguel on a 5 day schedule.

All true but we have an off day on Thursday, Jimenez could be skipped if we wanted to. I am sure they have a plan. Who knows, maybe Miggy stays down 10 days then it's someone else like Gausman for 10 days. All 6 starters will be options by September 1.

I figured Miquel to lose his spot in rotation with Jiminez coming back. It was either him or Chen but Chen was the only left handed. I guess they want him to keep starting so if someone goes down with injury he could step right back into the rotation. Jimenez should really the one going down but he doesn't have options.

Archived