Can D. Young upgrade 3b?

vab

How do you know who has cleared waivers and who hasn't? Is there some list somewhere? Or are you just pulling stuff out of your service entrance as usual?

I know those two have. I also know when someone is claimed, it is announced. As it was on Escobar and Hamel. It's really not that hard to figure out if you bother to taken look at the facts.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never thought I'd live to see an actual meeting of the pot and kettle. Surprised there aren't balloons or something.

Anyway, stuff gets leaked to the press. That's how it's known that Beltre cleared waivers.

There are a hand full of players who's names have been leaked, http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/08/players-who-have-cleared-revocable-waivers.html but plenty have cleared that we don't know about. The question is about whether we can get someone who is an upgrade over Davis, that is, someone who can play at least league average defense and hit over .200.

I know those two have. I also know when someone is claimed, it is announced. As it was on Escobar and Hamel. It's really not that hard to figure out if you bother to taken look at the facts.
Did you know that Prado, Andrus and Drew have cleared waivers? How about that 3B of the Cubs Valbuena? Do you know if he has cleared or not? I bet there are a lot of players who have cleared, that you are clueless about.

There are a hand full of players who's names have been leaked, http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/08/players-who-have-cleared-revocable-waivers.html but plenty have cleared that we don't know about. The question is about whether we can get someone who is an upgrade over Davis, that is, someone who can play at least league average defense and hit over .200.

Seems like such a low bar. The real problem, of course, is that once (if) they've addressed getting Davis away from 3B, Davis will still probably see the majority of ABs at 1B. If only Buck didn't like his guys quite so much...

Did you know that Prado, Andrus and Drew have cleared waivers? How about that 3B of the Cubs Valbuena? Do you know if he has cleared or not? I bet there are a lot of players who have cleared, that you are clueless about.

Prado Andrus and Drew have all reportedly cleared waivers. If Valbuena was placed on waivers, he would have to clear all but three teams before the Orioles would have a shot.

Prado Andrus and Drew have all reportedly cleared waivers. If Valbuena was placed on waivers, he would have to clear all but three teams before the Orioles would have a shot.
Do you know if he has or if he was even placed on waivers? You seem to know everything.

Seems like such a low bar. The real problem, of course, is that once (if) they've addressed getting Davis away from 3B, Davis will still probably see the majority of ABs at 1B. If only Buck didn't like his guys quite so much...
He wouldn't if I were managing. I'd tell him frankly that he isn't helping the team and he has to work on shortening his swing, hitting the other way and up the middle, etc. and until I heard from Presley that he was making progress, he was benched. Flaherty couldn't hit worse than he is now and plays better defense. Hopefully I could find someone who hits better than Flaherty.

I don't know everything. But I do know that the folks who do this for a living are not as stupid as you suppose them to be.
Who said anything about the FO being stupid? Can you quote that for me? I am saying that there may be some players like perhaps Valbuena, who have cleared waivers and could give us better than .180 BA at 3B and plus defense. That's a low bar and maybe not someone the Yankees would even bother blocking. Are you saying the FO people aren't even looking? How would you know?

Who said anything about the FO being stupid? Can you quote that for me? I am saying that there may be some players like perhaps Valbuena, who have cleared waivers and could give us better than .180 BA at 3B and plus defense. That's a low bar and maybe not someone the Yankees would even bother blocking. Are you saying the FO people aren't even looking? How would you know?
You assume you are smarter. I don't.

I also mean all the front offices. Not only ours. I would guess that we are looking at everyone that makes it through to us.

Archived