vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/15

OFFNY

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're in a HR drought!
And I hate it.
But they are also finding ways to score without the home runs.

3 runs in 3 innings so far tonight.

A couple of comeback wins against the Yankees without any home runs.

I want the home runs too, but I also would like to know that the team can score without them, as well.

There.

Now, they have scored runs without home runs, AND they have scored runs with home runs.

Everybody's happy.

We're in a HR drought!
And I hate it.
But they are also finding ways to score without the home runs.

3 runs in 3 innings so far tonight.

A couple of comeback wins against the Yankees without any home runs.

I want the home runs too, but I also would like to know that the team can score without them, as well.

There.

Now, they have scored runs without home runs, AND they have scored runs with home runs.

Everybody's happy.

Yes, but 40% of the runs scored in the game are off a HR. That's not going to do much to pull down the percentage of runs we score off a home run.

Good point.

Flaherty sucks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• We are getting a lot of time to savor Jacob deGrom ending last year with precisely half the career innings pitched total of Clayton Kershaw. I dare the baseball gods to keep it in sync not by 0-0.     It isn't out of the range of outcomes deGrom could throw 4 and Kershaw 8 or something like that.
    • This is one of the craziest ones in memory. Buehrle giving up 8 runs and 0 ER in 0.2 IP. Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays Box Score: October 4, 2015 | Baseball-Reference.com
    • I think it's why the metrics use RA and not ERA in the WAR calculations, so there is still a WAR penalty.
    • The baserunner no doubt should be unearned.  But the batter that scores off a HR?  That's the pitcher's fault.  He could have hit a HR the following inning with the bases empty.  In both cases it's a good swing and/or a bad pitch.  Doing it immediately after a 2-out error shouldn't negate that.   You could maybe argue an edge case where getting out of the inning prior to him being pulled would have meant that he was never in a position to make a bad pitch, but in general I think that a pitcher shouldn't necessarily be absolved of *everything* that transpires after an error.
    • I found this post interesting and a bit more realistic than the conspiracy theories floating around.
    • I don't think it's BS. Westburg called off Mounty on a ball that's caught 99.999% of the time and he flubbed it. Inning should have been over, it's a shame they can't charge the runs to the offending player.
    • I think I am rooting for the Suarez skip.    We may get a clue if the Bradish-Grayson hooks against Philadelphia are quick Friday-Saturday. With the off day, they could kind of angle the Yankee Stadium series as if it was a 4-man rotation and a 9-man bullpen. Kind of the same as Heston Kjerstad was I feel rostered to be the most dangerous pinch hitter in the first Yankees series, I wonder if Cade Povich even if his presence in 6-man rotation is just the 2 turns hangs on as one of the top 13 pitchers to compete in that series. Coming off an off day next Tuesday, if Suarez is the scheduled starter, it might play out as a little bit more of a choreographed bullpen game than you might normally get in mid-June.
  • Popular Contributors