Victory Lap Complete - A.L. East Champs 2014

TonySoprano

What an insane year. What a crazy, awesome year. I'm not sure if this beats 2012 in terms of the surprise factor but this is so damn awesome.

As long as we win four more PO games than that team it will be better, but is that a good enough expectation? I can't imagine being so close after winning the division and not going for broke.

Let's win the whole thing!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was so much fun tonight. The energy was electric, which at first threatened to turn against Ubaldo until he found his control, but once he settled down and retired, what, his last 10 in a row? It was magical. Great to see that the team didn't just downplay it, but came back out onto the field, a few did victory laps of their own, and it seemed like they were all having a great time. At one point it looked like Buck was getting misty-eyed as it all hit him. I love this team. And this year, it wasn't unrequited. 11 more postseason wins to go.

I'm so happy. Was at the game and it was everything I hoped it would be.

Congrats to the Orioles organization, and most importantly, to all the fans, especially Hangouters.

Let's win the World Series.

If anyone could post some photos of Jonesy's victory lap so I can make one my Facebook cover photo, I'd very much appreciate it!

There are too many things to write. I'm not coherent enough to type some, not eloquent enough to type the others.

What I can say is that's moved from Baltimore to Portland on July 30. Since then, the Orioles have been my connection home I'm living and dying with every single pitch like I'm 15 all over again. I adore Portland. It's such a wonderful fit for me, and I'm absolutely thriving out here.

Tonight is the first night I have really, truly been homesick. There isn't a chance on earth I would have missed tonight's game.

God damn, I miss Baltimore.

Top 3 memorable moments of the celebration for me:

1) Adam Freakin' Jones - Victory lap/pieing fans

2) Darren O'Day "running" the bases while smoking a cigar

3) Adam Jones saying that Mark McLemore was his mentor (I didn't know that); told him to play hard and love every minute of it because when it goes, it goes fast and you can't get it back

Thought a little bit about how bittersweet it must be for CD to be watching on TV instead of being there.

Thank you mlb.tv for carrying the celebration.

Archived