FA Troy Patton gets 80 game suspension for third positive PED test

xian4

Yeah, seems like he's got deeper issues here.

I think once they get suspended the team they are on has to keep them. Is that correct? I know they come off the 40 man roster. I wonder how the effects the tender rules. It's like a thug lifestyle rule that they have in my fantasy football league. You can't just drop them. But I am sure the tender part plays into this. We don't have a tender rule in my football league. Just a bunch of old guys sitting around in a garage.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think once they get suspended the team they are on has to keep them. Is that correct? I know they come off the 40 man roster. I wonder how the effects the tender rules. It's like a thug lifestyle rule that they have in my fantasy football league. You can't just drop them. But I am sure the tender part plays into this. We don't have a tender rule in my football league. Just a bunch of old guys sitting around in a garage.

No reason why his situation wouldn't be the same as Davis'. He's on the restricted list. Since he's arb eligible, the Padres should be able to cut him loose by non-tendering him.

If he gets suspended I don't think he gets paid. Can someone confirm?:confused:

No, they don't get paid when suspended under the drug policy.

This sometimes gets confused because they can be paid under other suspensions, like disciplinary suspensions for actions on the field.

If he gets suspended I don't think he gets paid. Can someone confirm?:confused:
No, they don't get paid when suspended under the drug policy.

This sometimes gets confused because they can be paid under other suspensions, like disciplinary suspensions for actions on the field.

Great info. And as we know, The Yankees caught a great break with AROD.

At some point you have to wonder if he has a problem that could be helped with proper treatment.

This might not be a baseball issue at this point.

Yeah, seems like he's got deeper issues here.

I hope that he is able to get the help that he needs, regardless of how his baseball career plays out from now onward.

Patton is a free agent. He isn't a part of the Padres organization anymore. He was DFA in September and hit minor league free agency.

I just noticed that. Poor guy. He'll have a tough time catching on. Might have to go to Asia for a year, if someone will have him.

I just noticed that. Poor guy. He'll have a tough time catching on. Might have to go to Asia for a year, if someone will have him.

Yeah he really screwed himself.

Or maybe this will be the new market efficiency. Someone signs him for major league minimum and only has to pay $250K for second half of the year when teams are looking for LH help. Could be a decent gamble for a team out of it. Phillies wouldn't be a bad destination.

Yeah he really screwed himself.

Or maybe this will be the new market efficiency. Someone signs him for major league minimum and only has to pay $250K for second half of the year when teams are looking for LH help. Could be a decent gamble for a team out of it. Phillies wouldn't be a bad destination.

Until he gets suspended again.

Archived