Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

Sounds to me like he already has.

This is the first I've heard of 4 guys being included on the Cubs' end.

I'm with Rob. Hopefully MacPhail will dink around long enough for Hendry to bail.

I agree. If the Cubs are going to give 4 or 5 players, they would be much better off going after Hudson or Figgins.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meh. Prospects are for trading too.

Getting Sherrill or Payton (at the league min) would alter the equation some.

I recognize that prospects are valuable as trading chips. I just think we're calling a $75 bet with four $25 chips.

well whomever you believe and the wave of information has been somewhat suspect - but Churchill is reporting the XM Radio report yesterday was accurate and he further says that Bedard is IN SEATTLE right now. No word on when the Physical will take place but one source has him in Seattle this very second.
Considering that Peace started this thread at 4:30 PM saying EB was on his way to Seattle, qiute possible that he is there now.

I recognize that prospects are valuable as trading chips. I just think we're calling a $75 bet with four $25 chips.

Perhaps a) there is another player coming back from the O's, and b) the second deal Hendry has lined up is a good one, but requires that Roberts be onboard first (for instance it includes DeRosa).

Now those (or similar) circumstances might warrant throwing a guy like Veal into the deal to get MacPhail off his rearend. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Perhaps a) there is another player coming back from the O's, and b) the second deal Hendry has lined up is a good one, but requires that Roberts be onboard first (for instance it includes DeRosa).

Now those (or similar) circumstances might warrant throwing a guy like Veal into the deal to get MacPhail off his rearend. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Would the Cubs have any use for Payton or one of our RP's?

well whomever you believe and the wave of information has been somewhat suspect - but Churchill is reporting the XM Radio report yesterday was accurate and he further says that Bedard is IN SEATTLE right now. No word on when the Physical will take place but one source has him in Seattle this very second.

The sun says otherwise--

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-bedard0206,0,7793023.story

Bigbird....Is that a deal we have asked for or what the Cubs have actually offered? Any idea what the Orioles are thinking in terms of agreeing to this or not?

Also, i wonder if we get Cedeno, does he play second or SS?

This is a good question. The way I read it, it sounded as though this deal was offered by the Cubs. However, I could just totally be reading it this way becasue I WANT to read it this way.

If this is a deal that the O's have offered the Cubs (and not vice versa), then I'm going to have to calm down a little.

...keep on waiting:)

Like I said - dueling information spots. Peace didn't say he was on his way now - he said that he is going to Seattle tomorrow morning which would mean he'd catch an early morning flight and arrive in Seattle in the morning time here with the 3 hour time diff. The Sun says he hasn't left and gives no word when he will. Churchill seems sure he's in Seattle this second.

who to believe? With the way this thing has gone so far I opt to not believe any of them, lol.

When the engine finally starts, this car will move fast.

I gotta hand it to you Belkast. After the way this whole Bedard trade has gone down, you gotta have some big gahunas to say the O's are going to do anything fast!!! :D:D:D:D Here's hoping they do!

I'd love the 4-1 BRob trade, but three of those guys are going to have to be on the 40-man. That will leave three moves (including the additions from Bedard trade). Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

AM waits and gets five players for Bedard. AM gets five for Tejada right before the Mitchell report puts him in the spotlight. Looks like he could be getting four for BRob. Everyone that was wishing he would just go ahead and make a deal aren't looking so good right now.

If he lands 14 players for those three, I'm going to be irritated if he ever does anything in a hurry. AM, please, always take your time.

Archived