Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-padres-greene&prov=ap&type=lgns

Apparently Green is very close to a two year extension which would take him to Free Agency. Not sure he can be considered an option at this point.

I don't follow this. Why does a two year extension mean he's not an option? It's basically the situation EB was in but KG has already signed through the end of arbitration while the Mariners and EB will decide what to do with his last two years.

After '09 he's a FA. We need young cheap prospects with a high upside and a high OBP as well. Green is no more what we want than BRob.

I disagree. After '09 we should be ready to contend. I would hope that 2 years from now we aren't still "blowing it up." Unless we get real lucky somehow, it looks like we would still be in the market for a SS at that time. With Greene's stated desire to be on the east coast, it would seem to be a good fit.

Why does the thread title say "report" when its coming from one persons source? Until it's confirmed from the Orioles or Mariners how can it be reported as fact after the way this offseason has gone?

I'm not saying Peace doesn't have an inside source. But couldn't I just pretend that I have a source and start a thread that says "Report- Bedard still at home." The way this offseason has gone its very misleading to "Report" anything as fact until AFTER it has actually happened.

Why does the thread title say "report" when its coming from one persons source? Until it's confirmed from the Orioles or Mariners how can it be reported as fact after the way this offseason has gone?

I'm not saying Peace doesn't have an inside source. But couldn't I just pretend that I have a source and start a thread that says "Report- Bedard still at home." The way this offseason has gone its very misleading to "Report" anything as fact until AFTER it has actually happened.

I think you are confusing the word "Report" to mean fact, when in actuality it doesn't.

Peace's guy reported that Bedard was flying to Seattle, hence, "Report".

I think you are confusing the word "Report" to mean fact, when in actuality it doesn't.

Peace's guy reported that Bedard was flying to Seattle, hence, "Report".

Fair enough... I still find it misleading, considering the off-season we've gone through. A Belkast type "FWIW" beginning would be more appropriate.

From the details that I recieved from my source over the phone, I felt very confident. 100% confident that Bedard will be heading to Seattle this morning to take a physical. Their are other details of the converstaion that I cant put out over the board. But from they way I recieved them and the way it sounded, it's pretty legit. Hence the "Report".

From the details that I recieved from my source over the phone, I felt very confident. 100% confident that Bedard will be heading to Seattle this morning to take a physical. Their are other details of the converstaion that I cant put out over the board. But from they way I recieved them and the way it sounded, it's pretty legit. Hence the "Report".

I trust you buddy. Thanks for the info.

May we all be in peace sometime before Saturday.

Archived