Report: Bedard Seattle-Bound

Peace21

At this point wouldn't it be our luck that Erik fails his physical.

Hopefully there isn't a verbal element.

"Ok, stick out your tongue and say 'ahh'"

"No"

"Ok, Eric, tell me if anything hurts here"

"Why should I?"

"Ok, I'm going to put some pressure here, just tell me when to stop"

"Get lost"

Yes, I can see why this might be taking a while.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, this gave me an idea for a different metaphor...

This whole ordeal has been a lot like losing your virginity. You spend what feels like forever getting ready for it, but just after you've finally started, you're already finished.

Maybe that's how it happens in Chicago... but here in Baltimore, the first time is just like this trade, a long, winding odyssey that has a big payoff... and as soon as you're done, you're ready for one or two more right afterwards.

Rob, That has to be the best line I have seen in all the years I have been looking at the Hangout. The best part is, it is really a true analogy!! The only issue is, so far we have been kept so much in the dark, we don't know what our partner looks like!! :P

Until the dominos finally start you are still on the Bad News Bears.

I hope those dominos not only include Bedard and Roberts but also at least two of Mora, Gibbons, Payton, Millar, Huff. Most likely Payton and Millar but I'm hoping someone will also take Mora and we eventually drop Gibbons. Unfortunately, I think Huff is untradeble because of the contract...thanks D & F!

Maybe that's how it happens in Chicago... but here in Baltimore, the first time is just like this trade, a long, winding odyssey that has a big payoff... and as soon as you're done, you're ready for one or two more right afterwards.

....and in Baltimore you get Crabs as well.

Rob, That has to be the best line I have seen in all the years I have been looking at the Hangout. The best part is, it is really a true analogy!! The only issue is, so far we have been kept so much in the dark, we don't know what our partner looks like!! :P

:D

I'll be here all week, folks.

Sonny76 told me that Bedard has been throwing in Canada everyday with no problems. Hopefully, we're in the clear.

Are you kidding me? Our insiders can't even agree on whether he's in Seattle or not. Are you telling me one of them has a source in Navan Ontario? Because unless Erik is throwing in front of a webcam that's the only way you could KNOW he's been throwing every day.

This is obviously in good fun, but I had to reply to this lmao. Considering all the vetoed deals by P.A. wouldn't it be more like premature ejaculation or erectile disfunction. :D

Are you kidding me? Our insiders can't even agree on whether he's in Seattle or not. Are you telling me one of them has a source in Navan Ontario? Because unless Erik is throwing in front of a webcam that's the only way you could KNOW he's been throwing every day.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! Yeesh.

I'm just telling you what Sonny told me. Take it for what it's worth.

This is obviously in good fun, but I had to reply to this lmao. Considering all the vetoed deals by P.A. wouldn't it be more like premature ejaculation or erectile disfunction. :D

no, because I think we can all agree that angelos is the b---h in this scenario :)

Where are our spies in Seattle? Come on! Some say Bedard is already there and some say he is flying there tomorrow morning. Has Erik become 007? Nobody can confirm his arrival in Seattle? One of the airlines should have been able to tell a reporter out there if he arrived. You can't use an alias on an airplane but you can in a hotel. Come on Seattle! Dig a little.....

Fourteen for three or four if Payton (hopefully) is added is outstanding. If AM is successful with these three deals this would be something many of us have proposed over the years but never believed would happen. I have had years (at least 10?) where I mapped out at least four or five deals for this team every year. Everyone I would discuss this with would say "you can't be serious." No team does that many moves in an off season. My reply has always been....A good GM can make that number of moves if they are smart and aggressive. Are you listening AM? The comparison to Billy Beane always comes to mind. He knows when to move players that are near their peak and is constantly retooling/rebuilding his farm system. Spring Training is fast approaching and the excitement is building. As I said the other day.....If he pulls these deals off successfully his next big job and I mean really big job will involve moving Payton (if not in the Roberts deal), Gibbons, Mora, Huff and Ramon. Deleting these players in trades for younger players will drastically reduce payroll and make it easy for us to go after Tex in 2009.

Obtaining Khalil Greene the SS with San Diego who is looking to move back east closer to Butler, PA where he is from would be great. 2 or 3 players for Greene is what it would take to get him according to a San Diego reporter. He is not willing to sign an extension so he will be moved. Can the Orioles put together the best package? Yes! We can trade veterans and very good young prospects for him after obtaining all of these new players in these three deals. Did you know? 27 HRS, 97 RBI'S, 44 doubles and a .254 average. He will easily cover for Tejada offensively even though he hits for a lower average and he only had 11 errors in 153 games while Tejada had 15 errors in 124 games. Greene should be the fourth move. The fifth would be a toss up between Ramon and Mora unless they arepackaged in the same deal. Gibbons and Huff will be difficult but not impossible.

Archived