Who did the As just trade (Update: Donaldson to Toronto)

weams

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rival exec on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a>: “Crazy turn of events since they said they were told by ownership not to add $$$ or trade prospects at deadline.”</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">November 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Didn't Weams find evidence supporting my theory of a corporate shake up?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Full trade: Josh Donaldson to Blue Jays, A's get Brett Lawrie, pitchers Kendall Graveman and Sean Nolin, SS Franklin Barreto. Deal done.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Full trade: Josh Donaldson to Blue Jays, A's get Brett Lawrie, pitchers Kendall Graveman and Sean Nolin, SS Franklin Barreto. Deal done.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

A's do look to have netted a nice return.

I struggle to understand why the A's felt they needed to make the move at this point in time, but all I know is production or not, the thought of Donaldson in the AL East on just an enjoyment and personality level is going to piss me off beyond all belief. First Bautista, Encarnacion, Reyes, and others, and now he gets added to the mix. I hope they get another 4th place finish out of it, maybe then they'll learn how to actually build a team.

Archived