Dodgers Open to Trading Dee Gordon

section18

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whole deal confirmed Gordon, Haren

from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Dodgers?src=hash">#Dodgers</a>

Heaney

Hatcher

Hernandez

Barnes from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Marlins?src=hash">#Marlins</a></p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Did Haren threaten to retire if he didnt play in LA next year?

Dodgers just wow idk how you did that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Exec on Dodgers haul: "Easily the most lopsided of the offseason." Good RP in Hatcher, versatile Hernandez, solid prospects Heaney/Barnes.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What good is that speed. I mean. Really. Is it important? A potential top of the rotation pitcher is.

I was just playing devil's advocate, but speed matters. A player like Gordon can completely disrupt a pitchers rhythm when he gets on base. And he can single handily put himself into scoring position just about every time.

So looking at the trade (in it's entirely) I'm thinking Bundy / Norris or Gonzalez would have probably landed us Gordon and Ethier (and cash back). I'm not sure that would have been the answer, but it would have definitely filled two needs.

I was just playing devil's advocate, but speed matters. A player like Gordon can completely disrupt a pitchers rhythm when he gets on base. And he can single handily put himself into scoring position just about every time.

So looking at the trade (in it's entirely) I'm thinking Bundy / Norris or Gonzalez would have probably landed us Gordon and Ethier (and cash back). I'm not sure that would have been the answer, but it would have definitely filled two needs.

Ok. Good point.

The Marlins discussed a Neaney for Chris Davis deal a few weeks ago. Maybe we can move Davis for Gordon 2B and one of their relievers. We need a leadoff hitter with speed. Gordon fits perfectly. He also plays SS if needed.

One year of Davis is not worth several years of Gordon plus other pieces.

The Marlins discussed a Neaney for Chris Davis deal a few weeks ago. Maybe we can move Davis for Gordon 2B and one of their relievers. We need a leadoff hitter with speed. Gordon fits perfectly. He also plays SS if needed.

Gordon gets thrown out a lot. Gordon is not an upgrade. He's fast.

Archived