Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

105.7 is reporting the Orioles asking for Dalton Pompey.

No, Rob Long said that is who HE would want in that situation. Stop spreading mis-information, that's how things get blown out of proportion. I seriously think you won't be happy until Dan is in Toronto.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I wonder who in the Orioles organization is deciding what player(s) the Orioles want for compensation. Obviously it isn't DD.

2. I love DD and don't want to let him go. However, there is an argument that he is living a bit off of the moves he made in his first year. Other than Cruz last year, he hasn't done that much of any consequence? I wonder whether his guys that he brought in sort of exhausted the guys that they knew were undervalued in other organizations. Gonzalez is from the first year. Chen was from the first year. Pearce was from the first year though it took awhile. We lost on the Feldman trade, though I don't blame him for making it and think Buck didn't like Jake. Bud Norris trade has ended up pretty good. The Miller trade this past year was excellent but we gave up a lot. You would have to classify Delmon Young a success. Lough wasn't. The Korean has bombed. Wada got injured. Ubaldo has been a bust.

They can't all be winners, but it strikes me that when you come into an organization and bring guys in from other places, they tend to have some institutional knowledge re: the places that they left that can help initially. Now that isn't the case.

On the other hand, I could see it being difficult to find a GM that will work with Buck, Angelos, and step into an organization that is obviously going to look very different in 2016 as a result of a ton of free agents.

- The way these things typically work is that someone on the Orioles side, probably an Angelos, is contacted by the BJ. He then goes to DD to see if he has interest because it isn't tampering for the Orioles to ask that question. It will only proceed to discussing compensation with the BJ if DD says that he is seriously interested. Then, the real negotiations for compensation take place. The Angelos handling the negotiation will use DD and his staff to determine appropriate compensation so all of this is being done with DD's knowledge.

I came in here to post the exact same thing. All the discussion over whether or not there was tampering is sort of beside the point. There doesn't have to be tampering for all the parties involved to know if DD is interested in the job. The first thing Angelos would do when contacted by the BJs would be to ask Dan if he has interest--if not, the whole thing dies immediately. The fact that they have discussed compensation is enough to make me believe that Dan is at least interested in talking to them directly about the job, and would consider accepting it if offered. So there is clearly something to the story on his end.

I came in here to post the exact same thing. All the discussion over whether or not there was tampering is sort of beside the point. There doesn't have to be tampering for all the parties involved to know if DD is interested in the job. The first thing Angelos would do when contacted by the BJs would be to ask Dan if he has interest--if not, the whole thing dies immediately. The fact that they have discussed compensation is enough to make me believe that Dan is at least interested in talking to them directly about the job, and would consider accepting it if offered. So there is clearly something to the story on his end.

I would be interested in the job. And I hate the Blue Jays. Ken is wrong.

No, Rob Long said that is who HE would want in that situation. Stop spreading mis-information, that's how things get blown out of proportion. I seriously think you won't be happy until Dan is in Toronto.

No you're wrong that's who he said he heard. Good try making stuff up.

1. I wonder who in the Orioles organization is deciding what player(s) the Orioles want for compensation. Obviously it isn't DD.

2. I love DD and don't want to let him go. However, there is an argument that he is living a bit off of the moves he made in his first year. Other than Cruz last year, he hasn't done that much of any consequence? I wonder whether his guys that he brought in sort of exhausted the guys that they knew were undervalued in other organizations. Gonzalez is from the first year. Chen was from the first year. Pearce was from the first year though it took awhile. We lost on the Feldman trade, though I don't blame him for making it and think Buck didn't like Jake. Bud Norris trade has ended up pretty good. The Miller trade this past year was excellent but we gave up a lot. You would have to classify Delmon Young a success. Lough wasn't. The Korean has bombed. Wada got injured. Ubaldo has been a bust.

They can't all be winners, but it strikes me that when you come into an organization and bring guys in from other places, they tend to have some institutional knowledge re: the places that they left that can help initially. Now that isn't the case.

On the other hand, I could see it being difficult to find a GM that will work with Buck, Angelos, and step into an organization that is obviously going to look very different in 2016 as a result of a ton of free agents.

If I am wrong. It would be Buck and Brady advising John. Have you seen Peter lately?

Archived