Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

No single reporter has yet to be able to answer the question, "why isn't this tampering". <iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>
Even if it were, it doesn't sound like MLB is going to investigate it. Reports indicate there was tampering in Chicago with Williams called before Reinsdorf.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't feel we're getting a lot of solid information from Olney or other press members about exactly what MLB has done with respect to Duquette. From my own job, I'm very sensitive to the fact that the press reports a lot of stuff that is inaccurate, so I'm not inclined to get too indignant about what MLB has done based on the vague reports that have emerged to date.

BTW, I recall pretty clearly that when the O's were searching for a GM to replace MacPhail, one of the teams did not give permission to interview one of their front office guys. (Edit: actually, it was two guys -- Dan Jennings, Asst. GM of the Marlins at the time, and Mike Radcliff, VP of Player Personnel for the Twins.)

Thad Levine also.

I don't feel we're getting a lot of solid information from Olney or other press members about exactly what MLB has done with respect to Duquette. From my own job, I'm very sensitive to the fact that the press reports a lot of stuff that is inaccurate, so I'm not inclined to get too indignant about what MLB has done based on the vague reports that have emerged to date.

Case in point: We heard earlier today that Rasmus signed for ~$4 mm. Now it's $8 mm. Uh, that's very different.

Yes, but it was also corrected. False information wasn't allowed to remain.

Fine, but the reports (mostly tweets, the least reliable form of journalism I know) about what MLB has done in the Duquette situation are both vague and to some extent contradictory.

Fine, but the reports (mostly tweets, the least reliable form of journalism I know) about what MLB has done in the Duquette situation are both vague and to some extent contradictory.
The tweets are often expanded upon in journalist reports. Olney said, "MLB was pushing" the deal. Morosi said, "not actively involved in discussing terms of deal." I don't think those two examples are contradictory.

The tweets are often expanded upon in journalist reports. Olney said, "MLB was pushing" the deal. Morosi said, "not actively involved in discussing terms of deal." I don't think those two examples are contradictory.

Interestingly, Morosi was the one tweeting the $4million figure on Rasmus. Just sayin'.

And he also corrected it. Again, in the rush to be first, he dropped the ball, but recovered. Olney's position remains unchanged.

What exactly is Olney's position? I'm unclear on whether he actually has reported on what MLB has done, or is simply giving commentary and reporting other teams' reactions to what others have said MLB has done. Admittedly, I may not have read everything he has written on the subject.

What exactly is Olney's position? I'm unclear on whether he actually has reported on what MLB has done, or is simply giving commentary and reporting other teams' reactions to what others have said MLB has done. Admittedly, I may not have read everything he has written on the subject.
Why is the perception in the industry that MLB is "pushing the deal?" That sure sounds like MLB is taking sides. Is it common practice for a team to run to MLB in a situation like this? I don't know.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Jays have reached out to O's repeatedly about Duquette, and MLB has reached out to O's, too, as reported before.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why is the perception in the industry that MLB is "pushing the deal?" That sure sounds like MLB is taking sides. Is it common practice for a team to run to MLB in a situation like this? I don't know.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Jays have reached out to O's repeatedly about Duquette, and MLB has reached out to O's, too, as reported before.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

I don't know either, nor is it clear who in MLB contacted the Orioles or what they said.

Sounds like the O's might have to file a restraining order to get the harassing calls to stop.

no-means-no.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1408547527565

Archived