Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Blue Jays and DD look really awful in this. Guys like Rosenthal dont get it but the baseball world does. Lot of damage to both of them. DD has made himself unhirable in baseball after this and Rodgers uas made himself a villian.
I know that I certainly don't trust DD any longer. But then I'm just an Os fan. :confused:

Why DD would want to be part of that gong show is beyond me. I'd also add that their supposed extension of Beeston for 1 more year seems like smoke and mirrors. They obviously want him gone and his non-comment today included a little uncertainty regarding his future with the club.

Why DD would want to be part of that gong show is beyond me. I'd also add that their supposed extension of Beeston for 1 more year seems like smoke and mirrors. They obviously want him gone and his non-comment today included a little uncertainty regarding his future with the club.

Beeston is just a figurehead at this point.

[video=youtube_share;V5j8lz4oD4Q]

it's all about the Benjamins. If there wasn't a pay and title raise, there's no way he'd want to go into that toxic environment IMO.

The more that spills out the more screwed the Jays are getting. At the end of the day they may have to turn over that prospect anyway.

You can easily sub Dan Duquette?s name for each mention of Williams.

Reinsdorf tells Williams that Rogers had phoned and they want to hire him and ...

?Kenny was not surprised ? he?d already been contacted by an emissary,? said Reinsdorf. ?I was annoyed by that for it was clearly tampering.?

Who was that deep-throated caller from Toronto?

Roger Rai, Ed Rogers? pal from their University of Western Ontario days?

Reinsdorf was unsure who made the call to Williams.

But it was tampering.

The White Sox had not given the Toronto Blue Jays or a phone company permission to interview Williams.

Again, Ed Rogers phones Reinsdorf asking for permission to interview Williams.

?I told him this was not a very good time to be asking ? we?re trying to get the White Sox ready for 2015,? Reinsdorf said.

The White Sox owner said he would not consider the issue until after Chicago?s off-season plans were finalized and he?d spoken to Williams.

?It was a matter of timing why I said no to talking about Kenny. I found it absolutely absurd that they would phone the day before the winter meetings to be asking to interview.?

Said Reinsdorf that afternoon outside the Grand Hyatt: ?I?m not responding to a request from Edward Rogers a beneficiary. You have to follow baseball procedure: Request for permission to interview someone has to be put in writing.?

Looking back, Reinsdorf says Rogers Communications was not always telling the truth.

?In conversations with Kenny, the Toronto people (said) Paul Beeston was aware of what was going on ... that was untrue,? Reinsdorf said. ?Then they said Paul was staying for 2015 and they wanted to give him a farewell tour.?

Did Rogers Communications tamper with Williams?

?They clearly tampered with Kenny, who is like a son to me,? Reinsdorf said. ?But I would never file tampering charges against the Blue Jays ? Paul Beeston is my best friend in the game.?

Sure, O?s owner Peter Angelos said last week he was not letting Duquette go ... was it a negotiating tactic?

For sure. Who do you like in that stare-down contest?

The tough lawyer Angelos? Or Ed Rogers?

It?s beyond comprehension. I know which horse I?d bet on in a negotiation.

Reinsdorf said he understands Ed Rogers and Rai met with New York Yankees president Randy Levine to ask for names of a possible Beeston successor.

I asked Reinsdorf if the next time he needed a new manager, would he drive up to Wrigley Field to ask for suggestions? He laughed.

?I really don?t understand how you can do this to Paul Beeston,? said Reinsdorf. ?Paul is one of the most well-liked individuals in the game. I don?t think you treat an employee with that many years with the same team like that.

?Ed Rogers seemed not to understand how the process worked.?

I'm not rooting for Duquette's departure, just a resolution to this mess. And fans need to understand that the Orioles won't collapse if there's a change in the front office.

Vice president of baseball operations Brady Anderson wears more hats than anyone in the organization. As an example, he flew to Dallas for Scott Coolbaugh's interview for the hitting coach position, ran the California portion of the minicamp and is giving final approval for the last hitting coach hire in the minors - whether it's at Double-A Bowie or Single-A Frederick.

Director of baseball administration Tripp Norton and director of major league administration Ned Rice are behind-the-scenes guys who may not be recognizable to many fans, but they play integral roles in the success of the franchise. They were especially busy at the arbitration deadline and their plates could hold more if Duquette goes to Toronto.

The draft seems to be in good hands with director of scouting Gary Rajsich. Director of player development Brian Graham is so highly regarded that he also could take on greater responsibilities if Duquette leaves. Showalter has a tremendous amount of respect for Graham and views him as worthy of a GM title. Director of player personnel John Stockstill contributes to the depth moves by handling some of the minor league free agent negotiations and signings.

That's just part of the roll call.

I'm wondering how Duquette's departure would impact the people he brought into the organization. They must be wondering, as well.

I'm including special assistant Lee Thomas, executive director of international recruiting Fred Ferreira, director of minor league operations Kent Qualls, director of pitching development Rick Peterson, national crosschecker Matt Hass, national supervisor Danny Haas and director of Dominican baseball operations Nelson Norman.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/orioles-will-remain-in-good-hands.html

“I asked, ‘For what position?’ ” Reinsdorf said Friday from Chicago. “Edward said, ‘For Paul Beeston’s job.’ ”

It could be pointed out here that Rogers’ knowledge of the baseball landscape was so deep, he did not know Beeston and Reinsdorf were best friends.

Reinsdorf said he told Rogers he would talk to Williams and call back.

“I called Paul and he was shocked,” Reinsdorf said. “Paul later said he had talked to the Rogers people.”

So Reinsdorf decided not to call back Ed Rogers.

All those folks that said that the Orioles were a puss organization in the press because they denied a good employee the opportunity to advance as is MLB protocol need to apologize for their deception or befuddlement.

Good work by Bob Elliott to piece the timeline together.

Toronto needs to pay.

That article needs to be spread by the talking heads (Olney, Rosenthal, Morosi, etc.) to get out there what's really been happening with this "search". Toronto is in the wrong here, not the O's or White Sox or Angelos. They're the ones not following procedure.

Where are all of the scathing articles that have said the Orioles are in the wrong?

There are tweets out there from guys like Rosenthal, that can found previously in this thread, where he implies that the Orioles should just let him go for nothing and that Angelos shouldn't be holding DD back.

The general public perception seems to be, from my perspective, that Angelos is wrong for holding DD back from this position, there's no precedent for a prospect like Hoffman being traded for an exec and it'll never happen, etc.

Some guys like Olney have been telling both sides of the story which is nice to see. He's also the only one shedding any type of light in the national media on the way the Jays have gone about this.

it's all about the Benjamins. If there wasn't a pay and title raise, there's no way he'd want to go into that toxic environment IMO.

They call them the Roberts up there.

The Canadian hundred-dollar note is one of five banknotes of the Canadian dollar. It is the highest-valued and least-circulated of the notes since the $1000 note was gradually removed from circulation starting in 2000.

The current 100-dollar note was put into circulation through major banks in November 2011, made of a durable polymer instead of the traditional paper notes. The notes are dominantly brown in colour; The front design on the note features former prime minister Sir Robert Borden and the design on the back depicts the discovery of insulin.

Archived