Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"If they did that people should protest outside the stadium," Brunt says of the idea of dealing Hoffman for Duquette.</p>— Andrew Stoeten (@AndrewStoeten) <a href="

">January 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've totally changed my opinion on DD leaving. With MLB's involvement in this, I say unless we get a haul, make DD stick it out. Take away all of his power but leave him with his salary and title for 4 years. Heck put Blue Jay's fatheads up all over his office. Only speak to him in French. You know, be really mature about it. #benedictarnold

First off I don't think DD will tank on purpose, even if he's forced to stay. But your idea CAN'T happen. You think cheap Peter Angelos is going to pay two people to do one job? Not happening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"I'm 100% convinced he is" coming back, says McCown says of Beeston's status.</p>— Andrew Stoeten (@AndrewStoeten) <a href="

">January 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brunt was on Sportsnet 960 in Calgary this afternoon

“My bet will be that by the end of the day today this will be over, and that the Jays will walk away from Duquette. I’m pretty confident about that. I think it’s done, and I think for the sake of the Blue Jays it’s a good thing. It’s been embarrassing — ownership has been dragged into it, Edward Rogers’ name has been dragged into it for the first time ever associated with the team. Beeston is out in Vancouver now on the winter tour — the kind of injured party here. So I think they’ve got to find a way to prop up his dignity, move on, walk away from Peter Angelos — who is not going to budge, it would appear — and then probably continue the search for somebody to replace Paul Beeston at the end of the season or before, because they obviously want to.”

?My bet will be that by the end of the day today this will be over, and that the Jays will walk away from Duquette. I?m pretty confident about that. I think it?s done, and I think for the sake of the Blue Jays it?s a good thing. It?s been embarrassing ? ownership has been dragged into it, Edward Rogers? name has been dragged into it for the first time ever associated with the team. Beeston is out in Vancouver now on the winter tour ? the kind of injured party here. So I think they?ve got to find a way to prop up his dignity, move on, walk away from Peter Angelos ? who is not going to budge, it would appear ? and then probably continue the search for somebody to replace Paul Beeston at the end of the season or before, because they obviously want to.?

:excited::excited::excited:

First off I don't think DD will tank on purpose, even if he's forced to stay. But your idea CAN'T happen. You think cheap Peter Angelos is going to pay two people to do one job? Not happening.

I wouldn't question a pit bulls lawyers resolve to see things out. Toronto and MLB will lose to Angelos. And as fans we should be rooting for him. As far as paying two people he can't. Because he would let DD have his title. Just Buck,Brady, our scouting and draft director guys would each just get a little more power. Heck it's already happened. Buck and Brady were there for Coolbaugh. Buck went down to meet with Rasmus. Toronto should have went through the proper methods and time period and the orioles should be compensated with whatever PA decides is fair value.

BK XLIX @brendonkuhn ? 3h 3 hours ago

@AndrewStoeten Canadians owner praising Beeston and roasting Rogers a bit. Actually brought up the rumors.

0 replies 2 retweets 0 favorites

Reply Retweet2 Favorite

More

Andrew Stoeten retweeted

BK XLIX @brendonkuhn ? 4h 4 hours ago

@AndrewStoeten standing O for Beeston, prompted by someone at his table..."the man responsible for baseball success across Canada"

I wouldn't question a pit bulls lawyers resolve to see things out. Toronto and MLB will lose to Angelos. And as fans we should be rooting for him. As far as paying two people he can't. Because he would let DD have his title. Just Buck,Brady, our scouting and draft director guys would each just get a little more power. Heck it's already happened. Buck and Brady were there for Coolbaugh. Buck went down to meet with Rasmus. Toronto should have went through the proper methods and time period and the orioles should be compensated with whatever PA decides is fair value.

Dan has no input on Coolbaugh. That's Buck's coach. He asks Brady to sit in (ballplayer.) As far as I know Dan never played pro ball.

Dan was interested in signing Rasmus. Asks Buck to go talk to him. See if he fits in.

That's not inactivity by Dan. It's delegating responsibility where it belongs.

Dan has no input on Coolbaugh. That's Buck's coach. He asks Brady to sit in (ballplayer.) As far as I know Dan never played pro ball.

Dan was interested in signing Rasmus. Asks Buck to go talk to him. See if he fits in.

That's not inactivity by Dan. It's delegating responsibility where it belongs.

There are 8 million stories in the naked city, and no sane person would want to hear even half of them over supper.

?My bet will be that by the end of the day today this will be over, and that the Jays will walk away from Duquette. I?m pretty confident about that. I think it?s done, and I think for the sake of the Blue Jays it?s a good thing. It?s been embarrassing ? ownership has been dragged into it, Edward Rogers? name has been dragged into it for the first time ever associated with the team. Beeston is out in Vancouver now on the winter tour ? the kind of injured party here. So I think they?ve got to find a way to prop up his dignity, move on, walk away from Peter Angelos ? who is not going to budge, it would appear ? and then probably continue the search for somebody to replace Paul Beeston at the end of the season or before, because they obviously want to.?

Interesting take -- more like "jumped into it, butt first."

Archived