Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Bottom line Dan at least wants to talk with Blue Jays. If Peter blocks him he's gonna be mad ( Anybody would be mad more money more power) This isn't good folks.

DD has the top job available on the Orioles he wouldn't have more power with the Jays. He signed an extension. It would be like Adam Jones saying he wanted to go to Toronto to be their president of center field,

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DD has the top job available on the Orioles he wouldn't have more power with the Jays. He signed an extension. It would be like Adam Jones saying he wanted to go to Toronto to be their president of center field,

Dan would have more power. Dan has to go to Peter for final OK now. With the Blue Jays he's the man.

Why is it bush league? I'm sure Ken has a Dan source that said he wants to talk with them. He's only reporting what he hears.

Talking about his post Baltimore Sun reporting on the O's, which is an extensive sample size. His reporting and spins have always shown a personal bias. I find that extremely bush league. I loved him when he was with the Sun and don't know his personal beef with the O's, but it's never seemed to fade away with time.

Dan would have more power. Dan has to go to Peter for final OK now. With the Blue Jays he's the man.

You still have to go the owner when you want to sign someone to a big contract. Anyway it doesn't matter what the title is it would be the same job.

I know what I said and I know how it usually works. I can't think of anyone being denied the opportunity to advance, but I suppose it has happened. DD has no right to expect it, he did sign a contract. It's just a shame he signed one with a lawyer.

Would you sign a contract without your own lawyer's review if you had a substantial interest at stake? It's hard to make the case that Duquette has somehow been wronged on a technicality, especially in light of the fact that he signed an extension.

Would you sign a contract without your own lawyer's review if you had a substantial interest at stake? It's hard to make the case that Duquette has somehow been wronged on a technicality, especially in light of the fact that he signed an extension.

In light of the fact that no one in the Majors wanted anything to do with him for ten years until Angelos hire him.

Talking about his post Baltimore Sun reporting on the O's, which is an extensive sample size. His reporting and spins have always shown a personal bias. I find that extremely bush league. I loved him when he was with the Sun and don't know his personal beef with the O's, but it's never seemed to fade away with time.

This piece has always really annoyed me.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-03-02/sports/1992062188_1_eddie-ed-die-new-york

Just looking at this from a simplistic point of view. You have a guy that was basically out of baseball/blacklisted for a decade. Takes a job with a notorious hard owner to work with and then gets basically at worst a 10 year gig offered to him. To go from that to this offer is a dream scenario. Why wouldn't he take it 100/100 times?

Just looking at this from a simplistic point of view. You have a guy that was basically out of baseball/blacklisted for a decade. Takes a job with a notorious hard owner to work with and then gets basically at worst a 10 year gig offered to him. To go from that to this offer is a dream scenario. Why wouldn't he take it 100/100 times?

Yup most people would take it or at least talk with the Blue Jays.

I wouldn't say the job has been offered to him.

Because in return for money, benefits, decision-making authority and access to privileged information he has legally pledged that he wouldn't.

Other than that, no reason at all.

Archived