Ichiro (under consideration?)

Bumps49

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>orioles, still looking for an outfielder, may consider ichiro suzuki. <a href="http://t.co/O5u7jV7kbD">http://t.co/O5u7jV7kbD</a></p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="
">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ichiro Suzki, the Japanese outfield sensation who's 41, is receiving some consideration from the Orioles.

Ichirio, who is hoping to play to reach the coveted 3,000 hits in Major League Baseball, is 156 hits short and looking for a job, and the Orioles seek another outfielder.

Baltimore has lost Nelson Cruz and Nick markakis via free agency and is also considering free agents Nori Aoki and Colby Rasmus, as well as their own Delmon Young.

Ichiro was said to have drawn a bit of interest at the Winter Meetings, but Baltimore becomes the first team connected to him. He hit .284 last year for the Yankees.

SMH.

PLEASE. NO.

Just sign Rasmus/Aoki to play RF.

Sounds like agent talk trying to get some value for Ichiro. MLB Network said last week if he doesn't get a MLB contract by the end of the month he will sign back in Japan.

You aren't suggesting that Heyman would act as a shill for an agent are you? :D

I remember that day.

I heard the announcement. Hell, I even called the front office of the Mariners just before the press conference (prepared to yell at somebody) and the receptionist I spoke to couldn't even talk, she was crying. Then the conference happened and it wasn't just that the Mariners traded him, but HE asked for the trade.

My kid brother (a grown man, but with a heart that beats for the Mariners like mine for the Os) broke down in tears too, and he's a tough dude. My Mom, Dad, my Brother and his girlfriend had tickets to go to that game. They couldn't do it.

It was just too heartbreaking.

Screw Him.

NQHKSVE.gif

Archived