Casey Stern "O's ownership doesn't want to win they just want your money"

sambowen

It's kind of funny. The fact that we were so aggressive at the deadline and willing to make a trade for 2 months of a relief pitcher (in what some baseball talking heads said was the biggest steal of the deadline for Boston)' date=' is now used against us. That same relief pitcher is now evidence of our refusal to go for it and try to win.[/quote']

Plus there were 20 other teams that wanted Miller. He can't play for them all.

I think Angelos wants to win he also wants to make money off the team. Just like the other owners in the league.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally disagree. The game has changed. Relievers are more valuable the ever. I have been involved coaching college and high school baseball the last 37 years. I will go by the eye test and screw metrics. Rivera was up and down? The question is do you want to win? W had a chance for a lights out closer. Seize the moment. It was at our finger tips and ownership is letting it slip away.

I doubt it was ownership. By the time spring training rolls around I think you will see an additional $8-10 million spent above final costs for arbitration eligible players. I also think DD will still have money left in his pocket because stuff happens and he wants to have some maneuvering room. He seems to be a calculating guy, not prone to being swayed by motivational-speak. Thank goodness for that.

Archived