Brady Anderson's role

Frobby

grimed1 said:

Speaking of age, Tom Brady is only one year younger than Peyton Manning. Manning seems so much older, or Brady younger. Maybe all people with Brady in their name age well.

Number5 said:

Manning has had to throw balls with more air in them. Over the course of one's career, that causes more wear and tear on the body. xD

o

Perennially having one of the best offensive lines in the game helps, also.

o

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Awesome! Great story! Love O'Day and Britton as super caring people as well as decent players! :clap3: Of course, Britt and her "soul-mate" are also workout freaks so she had some interest in this tale. Nicely done Britt!~

"After going through a warmup segment with strength coach Joe Hogarty, the Brandts -- who were treated to an exclusive tour of the Orioles Spring Training home -- went through a series with Anderson that included squats, rowing, overhead squats, pull-ups and Bulgarian split squats. They followed that up with a special conditioning session: running sprints outside with the Orioles pitchers. The new additions were greeted warmly by relievers Darren O'Day and Zach Britton, and Chris eagerly moved up to a faster group, running until every last sprint had been done and fist bumping with guys like Miguel Gonzalez and T.J. McFarland."

• 1 year later...

This article is about Mike Wright but contains some interesting tidbits on Brady Anderson both in the article and comments section from Dan Connolly.

For one, Wright has worked out with club vice president Brady Anderson in the past, they’ve formed a bond and the former Orioles star outfielder turned executive believes in the right-hander. That goes a long way within the organization.

Nolan Reimold and Brian Matusz, for instance, received extended looks in the majors at least partially because Anderson felt like they had what it took to succeed. Ultimately, those types of players have to prove their worth, and when they can’t continually, they are jettisoned. But having Anderson in your corner doesn’t hurt.

From comments section

I think it goes a long way with everyone, specifically because he does have the ear of the Angelos family. Duquette and Showalter listen too. He’s part of a three-headed management team in my opinion. I don’t know if any other org has a Brady. I’d imagine some do.

Baltimore Baseball

38 minutes ago, weams said:

I will leave both of these threads active. I think it is a good snapshot to see how views have changed since we were a winner and now a loser. 

Great point. I think many, maybe almost all of us are in a pessimistic, negative frame of mind right now. 

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

Great point. I think many, maybe almost all of us are in a pessimistic, negative frame of mind right now. 

I'm guarded, based upon his body of work and assets he has assisted and recruited.  But, I am still optimistic - call me a dreamer.  I like the fitness guru vibe and body strength concept even though it hasn't shown any palpable results yet.

I did love the interview with Matt Antonelli that Luke posted about the fitness regimen he experienced when a player for the O's.  Brady is in amazing shape and as weams has posted, he can help people reach their optimum fitness levels.  Whether that translates into baseball results and different insights into the GM job as another way to negotiate/communicate with players remains to be seen.

3 hours ago, weams said:

I will leave both of these threads active. I think it is a good snapshot to see how views have changed since we were a winner and now a loser. 

One losing season in 6 years makes you a "loser".   Well, I guess by the strictest definition.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The O's are world series contenders in 2018.  Well, I guess by the strictest definition.

Every year there are teams that are projected to have losing records that have winning records, and vice versa.  

And PECOTA, which we have outperformed at least slightly for 7 straight years, has us around 77 or 78 wins... which is a losing record, but not by much.

It's been a long time where we've had a season where so many people have had such low expectations.   Kind of like 2012.

Some projections for last year:   Yankees 80 wins, Mets 89, Twins 78, Giants 88, Diamondbacks 78.

Last year, PECOTA picked 11 teams to have winning records.   6 of them had winning records, 5 of them had losing records.

Last year, PECOTA picked 17 teams to have losing records.   6 of them had winning records, 11 of them had losing records.

And I'm not picking on PECOTA, it was just generally available to check.   (They predicted two teams to be .500, Pirates and Blue Jays, that's why it adds up to 28).

Too much happens crazy in this game every year for people to be considering a team doomed on the 3rd day of camp.   Seems like there's a fine line with being justifiably frustrated with the way the team is being put together, and defeatism.   The years when the team is picked to do poorly but excels, like 1977, 1989, and 2012, don't come around that often, certainly.   But when they do they become some of the most memorable, enjoyable years for fans.

Just now, SteveA said:

Every year there are teams that are projected to have losing records that have winning records, and vice versa.  

And PECOTA, which we have outperformed at least slightly for 7 straight years, has us around 77 or 78 wins... which is a losing record, but not by much.

It's been a long time where we've had a season where so many people have had such low expectations.   Kind of like 2012.

Some projections for last year:   Yankees 80 wins, Mets 89, Twins 78, Giants 88, Diamondbacks 78.

Last year, PECOTA picked 11 teams to have winning records.   6 of them had winning records, 5 of them had losing records.

Last year, PECOTA picked 17 teams to have losing records.   6 of them had winning records, 11 of them had losing records.

And I'm not picking on PECOTA, it was just generally available to check.   (They predicted two teams to be .500, Pirates and Blue Jays, that's why it adds up to 28).

Too much happens crazy in this game every year for people to be considering a team doomed on the 3rd day of camp.   Seems like there's a fine line with being justifiably frustrated with the way the team is being put together, and defeatism.   The years when the team is picked to do poorly but excels, like 1977, 1989, and 2012, don't come around that often, certainly.   But when they do they become some of the most memorable, enjoyable years for fans.

I even remember a time when you were so upset that you were going to "take a break" from the OH and not contribute for a while.  Am I mis-remembering?  But I digress - I am excited to see these young studs in spring training.  Cortes, Mesa and our new big man Andrew w/o the beard are unknowns except to the stat gurus.  We know that Buck hasn't conceded so I'm good so far.

Archived