Orioles have inquired about DBacks outfield depth

Greg

If it is a possibility and not a tactic then Inciarte is the guy they want. Neither provides any offensive production and they are both plus defenders but Peralta is a FA next year.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/peralda01.shtml

Not a free agent till 2021.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. I just looked at the Diamondback's projected starting rotation. They could definitely use a solid starting pitcher. Now is the time to shine up Bud Norris, stick him in the display window, and hope they bite. Norris is definitely the one we should be shopping.

I think I agree with this even though I love Norris' attitude. I think a trade centered around Norris and Peralta makes sense for both sides.

Inciarte. Seems like a scrappy good defensive player. Poor OB% guy, so I'm not sure he projects as a leadoff hitter, but then again, he might be the best fo the worst if he played for our team.

Peralta. A bit older, but he seems like he would be a better overall value. Still not really "wowed" by him after reading a few scouting reports. Seems like he projects to be more of a platoon player than an everyday player.

I don't see why the O's would trade one of their 5 best starters for either Inciarte or Peralta. Maybe some of their AAA pitchers.

Yeah...I should have clarified what I was saying. I don't think we should trade a Norris or Chen JUST for one of these guys. I'm thinking we could get one of these guys and another prospect back.

I don't see why the O's would trade one of their 5 best starters for either Inciarte or Peralta. Maybe some of their AAA pitchers.

Yeah and I don't see the Diamondbacks trading a cost-controlled player for a one year rental like Norris. Not like they're contending.

So, the OH has tried Matusz and Norris. Who's the next go-to guy to dump? Oh, right Ubaldo who was already mentioned. Guess we'll try to sell them on Flaherty next.

After reading up on both players I agree with this. Norris is probably closer in value to Trumbo than the other two OFs mentioned in this thread. Even if they could be had for less, I'd still rather see the O's trade Norris for a better player. The time to sell high on Bud Norris is now. Love the guy, but I don't see him matching last year's numbers.

Yeah and I don't see the Diamondbacks trading a cost-controlled player for a one year rental like Norris. Not like they're contending.

So, the OH has tried Matusz and Norris. Who's the next go-to guy to dump? Oh, right Ubaldo who was already mentioned. Guess we'll try to sell them on Flaherty next.

MacFarland or Wright?

Archived