The Fan is home of the Orioles now

Greg

I have MLB At Bat and get all the audio broadcasts to all MLB games, and I don't know the price, but I'm pretty sure they have a TV package in which you could watch all the games also. I think that package is around $100 bucks.......

You can only watch out of market games (legally speaking, but I may be privy to ways around that) on MLB.tv. The Orioles "market" apparently stretches from Georgia to somewhere near the North Pole.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can only watch out of market games (legally speaking, but I may be privy to ways around that) on MLB.tv. The Orioles "market" apparently stretches from Georgia to somewhere near the North Pole.

Whaaaat? That sucks. Nevermind. I assumed it would work like the audio package.

WBAL's signal at night is very odd. You can pick it up crystal clear in Boston but it does not extend very far south of Baltimore.

Even their day signal has good reach north of the city -- I picked it up fine in Cape May, NJ last summer.

Kind of a pity that distant cities will no longer be able to hear O's evening games on 1090.

Will games still be on 980 for the DC region?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it will. 980AM and 94.3FM will still broadcast the O's if they can't think of anything better program. Honestly the stuff they bump O's games for can be infuriating.

I too live in Manchester, and yes, the move does suck for us.

If you get north of the town (like past the 27 intersection) then 1280 should be pretty solid. As you've said, I love WTTR as a local station but it's pretty worthless outside of Westminster.

The main problem with 105.7 is that there's a 105.7 in Harrisburg that interferes with the signal. It's maddening. We could pick up 105.7 from Baltimore just fine if it wasn't for that. I try to listen to Terps games all the time as I'm driving around and it's constantly switching from one station to the other. I wish one of them would agree to change their frequency but I guess it probably doesn't affect all that many.

So that is what I was hearing trying to listen to the Terp's game on Saturday. Was driving my daughter nuts, she wanted me to turn it off, kept saying you have two channels coming in at once. But I was catching bits and pieces and kept on listening (partly to annoy her of course). 1280 is ok in spots, I agree, but the time of day does seem to be a factor and dusk is usually when I find myself tooling around and of course I am trying to catch the O's at that time and now it will probably be impossible.

On a side note, I guess you have noticed that right in town Manchester is AM radio death no matter what the channel. Not sure what that is all about, but it's awful to try to listen to anything in the center of town.

So that is what I was hearing trying to listen to the Terp's game on Saturday. Was driving my daughter nuts, she wanted me to turn it off, kept saying you have two channels coming in at once. But I was catching bits and pieces and kept on listening (partly to annoy her of course). 1280 is ok in spots, I agree, but the time of day does seem to be a factor and dusk is usually when I find myself tooling around and of course I am trying to catch the O's at that time and now it will probably be impossible.

On a side note, I guess you have noticed that right in town Manchester is AM radio death no matter what the channel. Not sure what that is all about, but it's awful to try to listen to anything in the center of town.

An antenna for home use maybe be your answer.

An antenna for home use maybe be your answer.

What like a high gain antenna for radio? But that still wouldn't help with the conflicting stations I don't think. Guess I will just have to make the wife do more of the running!

What like a high gain antenna for radio? But that still wouldn't help with the conflicting stations I don't think. Guess I will just have to make the wife do more of the running!

I think it would improve the Orioles signal to the point that the Harrisburg signal would not intrude. You could always return it if it does not work. An idea. From your resident OH MacGyver.

I think it would improve the Orioles signal to the point that the Harrisburg signal would not intrude. You could always return it if it does not work. An idea. From your resident OH MacGyver.

Yea, maybe worth a shot. Thanks for the suggestion Richard Dean Anderson.

Out of market fans that watch or listen on mlb.tv have anywhere from a 30-60 second delay, and its worse on the HD or radio feeds. It really sucks having things spoiled on twitter or game threads. 5-8 seconds is nothing.

Yep. I almost always get MLB text alerts before I see the action on TV. I have to put my phone on silent during games.

Archived