Roch: Waiting for O's to make their next move...

ChaosLex

1. No incentive to sell when you're making money hand over fist and not putting it back into the team.

2. For the millionth time I had no interest in Rasmus, but not even someone like Aoki? There really wasn't one single good trade out there? Please.

Then go to minor league games.

If the team came out tomorrow and said that they would start actually caring about winning and exploring all avenues to get better instead of finding a bunch of spare parts that don't work, I don't care if they triple the ticket prices.

Baltimore has the 2nd best cumulative record in the American League over the last 3 years. They had a winning record in all three seasons, and made the playoffs in 2. They are the defending AL East Champions. The bolded is illogical.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baltimore has the 2nd best cumulative record in the American League over the last 3 years. They had a winning record in all three seasons, and made the playoffs in 2. They are the defending AL East Champions. The bolded is illogical.

The Orioles may be winning but do they care about winning? All signs point to... yes. They do care about winning.

The current regime lucked out and inherited a bunch of talent thanks to MacPhail, who actually *gasp* made trades.

Who *gasp* extended *gasp* Jones *gasp* and *gasp* Hardy? Who *gasp* acquired 4/5ths of the rotation? But, no, you're right, when DD came here Baltimore's pitching was compared to the 90s Braves. Unlimited talent in that pipeline. Yeah, total luck for DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current regime lucked out and inherited a bunch of talent thanks to MacPhail, who actually *gasp* made trades.

MacPhail also only made a handful of trades...albeit a couple ones that worked out well. DD has made trades as well but with less successful results. MacPhail's MO was to hold out for the better deal because he had that luxury. DD's trades have been for win now value while MacPhail's were for the future.

Then go to minor league games.

If the team came out tomorrow and said that they would start actually caring about winning and exploring all avenues to get better instead of finding a bunch of spare parts that don't work, I don't care if they triple the ticket prices.

I do. And I would be very upset if in pursuit of a crap shoot championship that is null the day after the parade, that I could no longer afford to attend as many Orioles games as my family and I do. I'll take the approach that has brought us the last three seasons and reasonable rates.

Who *gasp* extended *gasp* Jones *gasp* and *gasp* Hardy? Who *gasp* acquired 4/5ths of the rotation? But, no, you're right, when DD came here Baltimore's pitching was compared to the 90s Braves. Unlimited talent in that pipeline. Yeah, total luck for DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different people have different opinions for different reasons.

MacPhail also only made a handful of trades...albeit a couple ones that worked out well. DD has made trades as well but with less successful results. MacPhail's MO was to hold out for the better deal because he had that luxury. DD's trades have been for win now value while MacPhail's were for the future.

I think they both put us where we are. Dan could not have occurred without Andy fixing the organization and Peter Angelos.

Difference being I don't live in a fantasy world where everything always goes right.

If the Orioles win the World Series one damn time I don't care if any of my other sports teams ever win again, them included.

I've been around while they won it three times. And I have had plenty of misfortune in my life. I try to rise above it.

Difference being I don't live in a fantasy world where everything always goes right.

If the Orioles win the World Series one damn time I don't care if any of my other sports teams ever win again, them included.

What's wrong with wanting to model after the SF's and STL's of the league? They win and sustain winning. I believe the O's could get there with the right moves without mortgaging their entire future.

I think they both put us where we are. Dan could not have occurred without Andy fixing the organization and Peter Angelos.

Yeah I definitely agree both men are responsible for bringing the O's back to the point were we are even able to discuss how the O's can win a World Series.

And when Jones, Davis, Wieters, Hardy, Manny, etc. leave, we won't be winning anymore because all we will have left are AAAA guys. We will be the Astros without the farm system.

You're right, if we do literally nothing for the next few years, we will have a bad baseball team. There is a 0% chance that is happening.

You're right, if we do literally nothing for the next few years, we will have a bad baseball team. There is a 0% chance that is happening.

It's happening this offseason. A few more and we're battling for the basement. I figured more activity from a defending east champion looking to go even further.

It's happening this offseason. A few more and we're battling for the basement. I figured more activity from a defending east champion looking to go even further.

Which means you didn't take into consideration how much arbitration would push up the cost of paying these guys. Even with the 3 Amigos gone and no one of great cost added, payroll is up.

Archived