Calling out the Orioles ticket office

terpspe

Talked to the ticket office this morning to renew a Dugout Club membership. Since I was on the phone asked if I could pay the remaining part of my season ticket bill since invoices came out today.

The very kind rep apologized, said he knew they sent out an email saying invoices would be up today but it likely wasn't going to happen and would be late this week or even next. He was very apologetic but had no reason why to share.

It can't be this hard. They had price sheets and the plan breakdowns on their table at Fanfest.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While that is true. It is frustrating to see a business consistently miss deadlines, change the product (is it 13,20,29,40,81?) and make it harder for people to plan. When you are part of a group people want to start to make plans and collect money. The later this goes the quicker the payment turnaround will be. Business should treat there customers well, and here all we are looking for is communication that is accurate.

It's not the money so much as the business practice. We have had a date move for information being communicated to us multiple times from December, to January, to February. We have seen plans created and taken away. We have people who put down deposits in the dark about what they are getting. It seems fair to have honest communication. If stuff happens, say it.

Stuff happens. It doesn't sound like a big deal. Set the money aside and when the invoice comes, pay it. Problem solved.

:agree:

For returning customers, our plans will be very close to last year's cost, minus the World Series refund that many of us have already paid for.

For newer customers, I'm sure you can search the web and find the general cost of what your plan will be.

This is inconvenient, sure, but if you know you need to pay by next Friday, set the money (or credit card....guilty!) aside and wait for our notice.

It's not the money so much as the business practice. We have had a date move for information being communicated to us multiple times from December, to January, to February. We have seen plans created and taken away. We have people who put down deposits in the dark about what they are getting. It seems fair to have honest communication. If stuff happens, say it.

If you feel you are being mistreated, you could always cancel your plan. I don't see why this is a huge deal?

I'd like to amend my earlier post to all the apologists.

Had a great conversation with a rep in the ticket office this morning. He indicated further delays in the season ticket invoicing process. They obviously are putting a lot of thought into this with the creation and elimination of 2 new plans in the offseason. Very kind of them to acknowledge their issues and alert everyone that communication will be coming on Monday in that email a little while back.

When people didn't get the autograph vouchers they wanted, THAT was a big deal. Lack of communication with your entire customer base is obviously no big issue.

Talked to the ticket office this morning to renew a Dugout Club membership. Since I was on the phone asked if I could pay the remaining part of my season ticket bill since invoices came out today.

The very kind rep apologized, said he knew they sent out an email saying invoices would be up today but it likely wasn't going to happen and would be late this week or even next. He was very apologetic but had no reason why to share.

It can't be this hard. They had price sheets and the plan breakdowns on their table at Fanfest.

Two words for the ticket office today.

smoke.

inhalation.

Maybe cut them a little slack.

Had a great conversation with a rep in the ticket office this morning. He indicated further delays in the season ticket invoicing process. They obviously are putting a lot of thought into this with the creation and elimination of 2 new plans in the offseason. Very kind of them to acknowledge their issues and alert everyone that communication will be coming on Monday in that email a little while back.

When people didn't get the autograph vouchers they wanted, THAT was a big deal. Lack of communication with your entire customer base is obviously no big issue.

This would have been really funny if you hadn't started with the "apologist" remark. I'm sorry for your frustration with the ticket office, and I understand your point. I just don't worry too much about when my invoice comes. Two different outlooks, nothing wrong with either one.

Now, if my season tickets don't arrive before last year (it was REALLY close to Opening Day before they came last year) then I'll be upset.

I'm glad you're beginning to understand. Oh, and I apologize for all the apologists.

Didn't the ticket office almost burn down or something just last night? Might want to cut them a break today.

Archived