Between Reimold, Snyder, and Rowell ......

DennisTheOsFan

I think you are right, they probably thought his power potential was closer to 30 HRs. But now he has been playing for 3 years and has 23 HRs in 888 ABs. So they may simply have been wrong in their assessment of his potential.

However, I don't want to speak definitively on this point. He is still young and my current guess could change a lot depending how he does this year.

I think power is something that usually takes a little longer to develop for most guys. Hopefully that's the case for Snyder. It would be nice to see him at around 25 HR's consistently, not just for a year or two in his prime. He might hit for a high average and have good doubles power though, which would also be nice.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you the family that posted a video of your child talking with Snyder and rooting for him in the Hawaii Winter League?

I remember it was cute.

Yes, that's us! I put the link to the vids in my profile if you'd like to check it out again. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Order is returning to the division as they've zipped past the Red Sox recently, and welcomed Jonny DeLuca, Josh Lowe, Peter Fairbanks and Jonathan Aranda back to the roster. Randy Arozarena's BABIP won't stay near Cedric Mullins' in the gutter forever, and Jeffrey Springs throws a rehab game in a couple days. If I had to specify a third best team in the 2024 AL, I think I'd say them.
    • Although this article mainly focuses on basketball, it shows how scary the explosion of sports betting has become: many athletes are reporting abuse and even death threats from people involved in sports betting. https://www.espn.com/sports-betting/story/_/id/40166862/ncaa-1-3-star-athletes-receive-abuse-threats-bettors  
    • 100%. I have been saying this for weeks. Akin is not as good as he showed early, and Baumann isn't that bad. Neither is essential so the option is determinative. You can always bring Akin back if Baumann starts to suck again, but not vice versa. 
    • My line of thought is that an owner so willing to show his face and be among the people is not planning on pinching pennies just to get the optimal ROI. 
    • Seems we will get the game in but likely delayed start. Thoughts?
    • It will be interesting to watch Burnes' pattern in this stretch. One of the tradeoffs from taking the rest is you start to evaporate the opening day starter's turn 33 opportunity. Corbin Burnes is a lot better than the Orioles SP5-SP6, and the Orioles and Yankees seem tracking towards another one of the 1980 102-100 kind of races. I don't know if it is a feature or a bug, but the pressure on both the Orioles and Yankees every day is some of the design of the current playoff structure.     It is an interesting contrast if two top teams do or don't share a division.     If the Orioles were in the AL /=East, the Orioles and Yankees beating the other 13 AL teams by ~10 games, both Clubs could go to the spa all September. Together in the East, Luis Castillo and George Kirby, or Pablo Lopez and Joe Ryan, or Jeffrey Springs and Zach Eflin could end it all in barely over 24 hours.     I hope we won't see how Sigbot configures a 3-game ALWC series roster for a long time.    Some of managing the 162 is maximizing your Corbin Burnes asset the year you have him.
  • Popular Contributors