Between Reimold, Snyder, and Rowell ......

DennisTheOsFan

So mainly because of Rowell's size (6'5"), he's being considered a candidate to move off of 3B? I hope that's the case, and not because he's got stone hands.

Hey, if Cal survived as an oversized SS, with hard work on his defense, Rowell should be able to stick at 3B. No sense in moving him just because he doesn't have a prototypical body for the position.

Now, if he's an inadequate 3B, or if we have another player at third with a great glove who we are considering a future spot with the Orioles, then I can see us moving Rowell. Hmmm... could Snyder be that guy moving Rowell off of 3B?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 6 year old who possibly has the best instinct and luck in blackjack says that Brandon is the best baseball player in the whole wide world, so my pick is Brandon Snyder.

And there you have it, :002_sbiggrin:

I think your kid is wise, Imua. If Snyder is healthy, I think we'll start seeing people jumping back on his wagon.

If Snyder is healthy, I think we'll start seeing people jumping back on his wagon.

That performance he put on in Hawaii put me firmly back on his bandwagon. .378/.398/.544 certainly whetted my appetite. I would have liked a few more BB's and fewer K's, but no question the kid can rake.

That performance he put on in Hawaii put me firmly back on his bandwagon. .378/.398/.544 certainly whetted my appetite. I would have liked a few more BB's and fewer K's, but no question the kid can rake.

What do you think his power potential is?

I think it is a little early to say, but I see him as a 15-20 HR guy. I think this year will tell us a lot.

I don't think the O's would have picked him early in the first round if they thought his power potential was 15-20 HR's. I'm thinking they were hoping it would be closer to 30 HR's. Whether or not he ever gets there is another question, but he certainly has the potential to get there.

I don't mind if he hits 20 if he can provide a solid average and increase his walks. Basically if he can get a .360 OBP with 20 hrs at the 7 or 8 hole and provide good defense I would be plenty happy.

I think this guy he will be a player who is better than his numbers show.

My 6 year old who possibly has the best instinct and luck in blackjack says that Brandon is the best baseball player in the whole wide world, so my pick is Brandon Snyder.

Are you the family that posted a video of your child talking with Snyder and rooting for him in the Hawaii Winter League?

I remember it was cute.

I don't think the O's would have picked him early in the first round if they thought his power potential was 15-20 HR's. I'm thinking they were hoping it would be closer to 30 HR's. Whether or not he ever gets there is another question, but he certainly has the potential to get there.

But the Orioles drafted him as a catcher, and if you're getting a good average and somewhere around 20 HR's a year from your catcher those are All-Star numbers. It's possible that another year removed from his shoulder surgery, Brandon Snyder starts to show more power this year, but I'm going to agree that he looks like a 15-20 HR/yr player, maybe low 20's in his prime years.

I think you are right, they probably thought his power potential was closer to 30 HRs. But now he has been playing for 3 years and has 23 HRs in 888 ABs. So they may simply have been wrong in their assessment of his potential.

However, I don't want to speak definitively on this point. He is still young and my current guess could change a lot depending how he does this year.

Archived