Machado not in top ten per mlb network

BohKnowsBmore

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a world of "what have you done for me lately, why would he be in the top 10? He only played half a season; made headlines for all the wrong reasons (injuries and anger management issues) and a suspension. And he has 2 big question marks for 2015 - his knees. If he rebounds he'll be in the top 10.

BTW...the "Shredder" did not list him in the top 10. Nor did Mike Lowell. Brian Kenny listed him at # 10.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7417714/v37231737/top-ten-third-basemen-right-now

Obviously I meant the injury risks associated with Machado. Not the actual injured Machado.

Of course. But you don't think the seemingly elevated risk of injury is enough to move Machado down the list? Third base is a very deep position right now. If he played say shortstop or second base I would be more inclined to agree with you.

Of course. But you don't think the seemingly elevated risk of injury is enough to move Machado down the list? Third base is a very deep position right now. If he played say shortstop or second base I would be more inclined to agree with you.

Of course the injury risk concerns me. But he is young enough to where the risk is worth it. If the trend continues this year, then yes I will sour on Mannys potential and future. If forced to make a decision, I would probably trade Machado for either of the two I mentioned.

Even with the injuries, I can only come up with two 3B I'd have to consider having over Machado. Donaldson and Longoria.

I like Machado's upside, but...

Anthony Rendon

Kyle Seager

Xander Bogaerts (if he's there for the year)

Adrian Beltre is still a dude

Frazier is a legit middle-of-the-order bat

Sandoval is going to be a safe bat with a solid glove on the balls he gets to

Headley is an impact defender

I think a case can be made for Machado in the back few spots. Hardly offensive he was omitted.

Archived