Machado not in top ten per mlb network

BohKnowsBmore

Wonder if Starling will end up as a rule 5 guy, maybe he's a late bloomer. I wonder how bullish the Royals still are about him.

He has two more years before he needs to be added to the 40-man, so I imagine at that point he'll have struggled so much at Double-A/Triple-A that he isn't worth protecting or he'll already be on the 40-man. Next year will be big. Sentiment during AFL was that he wasn't the train wreck first-lookers expected based on reputation.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a fair point. Bogaerts has logged 162 major league games now over two seasons, and he turned 22 this fall. Probably time to cut bait and see what else they can line up.

It is pretty obvious Red Sox prospects are overrated by the press.

Back to the ratings, they are meaningless ,just,like the predicting of where teams will finish. Results on the field is what counts.

Walks will always, ALWAYS, favor guys who can hit for power. Regardless of strike zone.

In any event, we'd all prefer he make contact with his pitches, and not pitches he happens to get his barrel on while being aggressive.

Absolutely. I hope his power develops to the point that he gets pitched around.

Let's not be ridiculous about Bogaerts. He'll probably have an above average major league career.

Slightly off subject, but I just noticed that in 2013, Bogaerts got to play in (and win) a World Series at only 20 years-old ...... AND, after only playing in 18 games in the regular season.

Ted Williams got to play in one World Series in 22 seasons between 1939 and 1960.

Ernie Banks never got to play in a World Series in a 19-season career between 1953 and 1971.

Strange how some things work out that way.

• 5 months later...
Manny hasn't come close to a career year yet for him. Think the first half of 2013 with the bat for a full season, and a 3W with the glove. That could happen as soon as this year if he stays healthy.

Well, this list is looking pretty silly at this point. Manny is sitting at 5.1 rWAR and 4.5 fWAR right now. He's been an absolute stud.

Archived