Opening Day Tix

Pedro Cerrano

When you walk into McDonalds you don't get in line by the year you first bought a Big Mac. I'll agree communication has been very poor from the ticket but they have decided to give priority to the 81 and 29 game plan holders. Either upgrade or take your chances. They have also sold LF Upper Reserve seats to group sales groups who are already advertising packages. I'm sure those folks had to buy additional games.

The sense of entitlement that you are entitled to anything in the future because you had something in the past is outdated in the sports world.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you walk into McDonalds you don't get in line by the year you first bought a Big Mac. I'll agree communication has been very poor from the ticket but they have decided to give priority to the 81 and 29 game plan holders. Either upgrade or take your chances. They have also sold LF Upper Reserve seats to group sales groups who are already advertising packages. I'm sure those folks had to buy additional games.

The sense of entitlement that you are entitled to anything in the future because you had something in the past is outdated in the sports world.

Clearly, that's not true. Loyalty, as demonstrated by continued, repeated ticket plan purchases, is rewarded; it's still in-date in the sports world. I think the analogy does not reflect the reality as it pertains to ticket purchases for many sports franchises.

Well, except for that fact that there are limited Opening Day seats available vs a basically unlimited supply of Big Macs, its exactly the same thing! :rolleyes:

It's called supply and demand.

i heard the email will either go out later today or tomorrow.Just what i heard.

Oh man, now you've done it. You know people will now refresh their inbox every 5 seconds for the next 48 hours, and if they don't get the email, they will blame you. :D

Am I crazy or in denial, but wouldn't the math indicate that for me (13-gamer) NOT to get tickets, there'd have to be 45,971 season ticket holders? Aren't OD tix for season ticket holders only? I don't care where I sit, just want to be there!!

No. If someone is an 81 or 29 game holder, they get OD tickets as part of their packages. In addition, they're able to get 1 extra ticket per every seat in their plan.

Example: someone has 2 81 game plans, they're able to get 4 tickets in all for OD: 2 per their plan, 2 per extras. The Orioles also have partnerships with other organizations/businesses as well.

Email received at 4:01pm EST (29 game planner).

As a valued long-time Season Plan Member, you are eligible to access our Exclusive Opening Day online sale beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 19. Opening Day will take place on Friday, April 10 when the O's take on the Toronto Blue Jays at 3:05 p.m. You are entitled to purchase up to 2 seat(s) for Opening Day. All tickets will be sold at the discounted Season Plan Member prices. As a long-time Plan Member, you have a four-hour exclusive window during which you are GUARANTEED the number of tickets mentioned above. However, beginning at 2:00 p.m., the next group of Season Plan Members will be eligible to access the sale. So, please do not miss out on this valuable Orange Carpet Benefit. Opening Day tickets will not be made available to the general public and will sell out.

Archived