Opening Day Tix

Pedro Cerrano

I'm not too worried if I miss out on Opening Day. I probably will have a good chance, seeing as how this is my third straight year with a 13 game plan. If not, no worries. I've been to a ton of opening days, and in all likelihood, I'll be able to find a local br with a good crowd if I miss out on going.

It's just 1 game, after all. Although the last few I've been to have been astonishing (Last year's nailbiter against Lester, and Chris Davis' insane grand slam the year before).

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If everyone of the season ticket holder is by an opening day ticket some 13 game plan new ticket holders could get shut out. That won't happen. No one's getting extra this year though.

Does this mean that 13 game plan holders will get the option to buy their seats before 29 games can buy EXTRA seats? What I mean is, the 29 game holders already have OD seats as part of their plan. Will they also get to buy two extra (if they have two seats) before 13 game plans?

That's fine. I don't particularly care where I sit for OD. I've had this plan for 5 years now though. I'm assuming that I'll be alright?

If Weams is right you should be fine. I think you'll be fine anyway.

My only issue is if the new holders, who only bought seats so they could get playoff tix, have the same "priority" as I do (I bought season tix before last year). That would be patently unfair.

If Weams is right you should be fine. I think you'll be fine anyway.

My only issue is if the new holders, who only bought seats so they could get playoff tix, have the same "priority" as I do (I bought season tix before last year). That would be patently unfair.

I agree with you. It would be unfair. I don't know why seniority would suddenly stop at last year... that wouldn't make any sense.

I agree with you. It would be unfair. I don't know why seniority would suddenly stop at last year... that wouldn't make any sense.

I hoping that (if necessary) this "seniority" concept will also apply to playoff tickets in the future. I was incredibly frustrated with that process. I found it incredibly unfair to group me, having had tickets for 5 years, with the people who bought tickets the day before.

Yup.

You should have priority over me and I should have priority over the 2015 guys, etc etc.

That's the absolute fairest way to do it.

I am hoping that Weams is confused and the 2012 thing applies to that book and not OD seats. But, until I talk to my actual rep, I will just have to wait and see (and he may not know either -- they may not have decided yet which, given this team, would not surprise me).

You want to pick one?

Yea, that seems to be a contradiction.

FWIW, the Orange Carpet benefits page on the Orioles website states: "The only way to guarantee tickets to Opening Day, Friday, April 10 vs. the Toronto Blue Jays, is by purchasing a Full Season or 29-Game Plan. Both plans include Opening Day as part of their package. All Season Plan Members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets to Opening Day via an online presale, based on seniority, which will take place on Thursday, March 19. On a first-come first-served basis, members will be eligible to purchase one Opening Day ticket for each Plan Seat purchased during the pre-sale, not to exceed 6 tickets."

That seems to state rather clearly that everyone (including 29 and 81 game holders) will be able to enter the presale.

Yea, that seems to be a contradiction.

FWIW, the Orange Carpet benefits page on the Orioles website states: "The only way to guarantee tickets to Opening Day, Friday, April 10 vs. the Toronto Blue Jays, is by purchasing a Full Season or 29-Game Plan. Both plans include Opening Day as part of their package. All Season Plan Members will have an opportunity to purchase tickets to Opening Day via an online presale, based on seniority, which will take place on Thursday, March 19. On a first-come first-served basis, members will be eligible to purchase one Opening Day ticket for each Plan Seat purchased during the pre-sale, not to exceed 6 tickets."

That seems to state rather clearly that everyone (including 29 and 81 game holders) will be able to enter the presale.

The bolded are also contradictory. You are only guaranteed seats with an 81 or 29 but everyone will have the opportunity to purchase seats?

The bolded are also contradictory. You are only guaranteed seats with an 81 or 29 but everyone will have the opportunity to purchase seats?

They are saying that only 29/81 game plan holders get guaranteed tickets as part of their plan. 13, 29, and 81 game holders get an opportunity to purchase tickets in the online presale but there is no guarantee that you will be able to get tickets during that sale. It's a guarantee versus an opportunity.

Archived