The O's Most Difficult Cut(s) this Spring?

wildcard

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimmy Paredes has been hot all spring training so far. One of our best player. I hate to see Lough or even Ryan Flaherty. I say possible cutting Ryan Webb. I want to see Jason Garica stay. And i dont feel like Carbrera is a lock either

Paredes played winter ball. He is in mid season form. Its an advantage, performance wise, vs others who are just trying to find their stroke.

I was thinking Gamboa. Brian is only 28. And maybe someone will be hurt.

I don't see your fascination in keeping Matusz around. If he is DFAed, he needs to be readded if he is needed, which may or may not be easy. There are just several options ahead of him to start and to relieve. If the team can save $1M, do it. Just because they saved money on Yoon doesn't mean they should waste it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wright, Wilson, Berry, McFarland. Don't you have the 6th starter in Norfolk? Jones? Gamboa? Bundy?

Berry. That was the B name I was thinking of. Figured Bundy wouldn't be at AAA right away.

TJ is definitely in Norfolk in my opinion, and the only question is whether Gonzo joins him.

O's starting five are Tillman, Chen, Norris, Gausman, and Ubaldo.

Bullpen right now is Britton, O'Day, Wes Wright, Hunter, Matusz, Brach, Garcia.

Gonzo is the odd man out unless there is a move. TJ is further behind him.

Gonzo is not going to the minors for more than a few days. And he only does that if it helps DD finish of a trade. He is a safety value in case the O's need some time. But Gonzo to the minors for two weeks or more is just not happening. He is too valuable to waste in the minors. He is one of the O's 5 best starters.

TJ is definitely in Norfolk in my opinion, and the only question is whether Gonzo joins him.

O's starting five are Tillman, Chen, Norris, Gausman, and Ubaldo.

Bullpen right now is Britton, O'Day, Wes Wright, Hunter, Matusz, Brach, Garcia.

Gonzo is the odd man out unless there is a move. TJ is further behind him.

According to the Minnesota game anouncer this afternoon, the competition is between Gaus and Ubaldo for the 5th starter spot. According to him, Gonzo will be the #4 starter. If that's the case, Gausman will be #5 and Ubaldo will go to the pen. Ubaldo was a lot better than during his first ST start, but he still needs a lot more work. He might actually not be a bad reliever, coming in for an inning or two for a while. When he gets his stuff together (and/or if someone is injured), he'll crack the rotation again.

According to the Minnesota game anouncer this afternoon, the competition is between Gaus and Ubaldo for the 5th starter spot. According to him, Gonzo will be the #4 starter. If that's the case, Gausman will be #5 and Ubaldo will go to the pen. Ubaldo was a lot better than during his first ST start, but he still needs a lot more work. He might actually not be a bad reliever, coming in for an inning or two for a while. When he gets his stuff together (and/or if someone is injured), he'll crack the rotation again.

I don't think the Minnesota announcers are totally clued in to what is going on here.

Was that before or after he spent an inning talking about how to sight fish off the piers? Seriously, a Minnesota color guy knows nothing about our rotation that you don't.

Gonzo is not going to the minors for more than a few days. And he only does that if it helps DD finish of a trade. He is a safety value in case the O's need some time. But Gonzo to the minors for two weeks or more is just not happening. He is too valuable to waste in the minors. He is one of the O's 5 best starters.

The Orioles need a fifth starter "Five" times before June. (corrected)

Archived