Tim Beckham or Ed Salcedo?

I hope Alou's credibility will instantly start to bring in some top prospects to our facility in the Dominica Republic.

I'd like to sign both Salcedo and Beckham with the hopes of them both panning out, but I would be happy with taking one or the other.

Wonder if Salcedo having Boras as his agent could work in our favor? Maybe if we draft a Boras player and sign him to his asking price, Boras would do us a favor by giving us Salcedo.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even close. Salcedo is going to set the record for highest bonus ever given to a IFA.

With that said, I'm assuming he projects to be a better prospect than Triunfel, and Triunfel one of the top prospects in all of baseball.

I'd like to hear that we are at the very least, making phone calls about the kid.

• 2 weeks later...
Gee.... it's been at least a few months since this guys hype has been up and nobody's signed him. You think MLB teams aren't falling for this?

I thought that he couldn't sign yet? The guy the Reds signed was through some obscure loop hole. Though I could be completely wrong on all of this...

I think the main issue is professional teams are smarter with their money and they don't give 16 year olds 4 million bonus's. It sets a precedent thats terrible when it comes to international scouting. Give players what they want, and we'll sign em all isn't how it works. You scout them at your facility, you have your coaches look at every aspect of their game, then you start to negotiate. You don't succumb to demands. Especially not a 16 year old who's arrival date in the majors (if everything works out), is probaby 2012, maybe 2013. The Triunfel comparisons need to stop, as he's light years ahead. And this kid may be the next arod, but thats 7, 8 years down the road when they start coming to fruition.

Archived