Regretting Not Signing Andrew Miller?

Rene88

Yeah, for 2015 Miller doesn't make that much more than Webb, Matusz, and Wright combined. I would have been tempted to give Miller his 4/36 and get rid of those three guys. But then for 2016, the O's have, what, 11 free agents that will need to be paid? And, of course, the Yankees would have probably just upped their offer.

Money wise, it is equivalent to Hunter, Matusz, and Webb. It would only be 9 free agents after this year since we would have removed several free agents to be. Perhaps they still sign Wright but the bullpen would be completely different.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, for 2015 Miller doesn't make that much more than Webb, Matusz, and Wright combined. I would have been tempted to give Miller his 4/36 and get rid of those three guys. But then for 2016, the O's have, what, 11 free agents that will need to be paid? And, of course, the Yankees would have probably just upped their offer.

I can buy that. I wasn't that crazy about arbing Matusz or Hunter. Moreso Matusz though.

Why are we discussing 2000, when the Orioles sucked?

That has absolutely nothing to do with the 2015 Orioles.

What free agents would you have signed and kept Miller?

We are discussing a team that won 116 games. The 2001 Mariners. Not the Orioles. Or their horrible players.

Why are we discussing 2000, when the Orioles sucked?

That has absolutely nothing to do with the 2015 Orioles.

What free agents would you have signed and kept Miller?

He pointed out to you what team had the best record in a 162 game season, that's the 2001 Mariners which had no A-Rod or Griffey and had also lost Randy Johnson by then too but still won 116 games in 2001 wit hthe same payroll as the 2001 Orioles who lost nearly 99 games. It's not about how much money you spend ultimately, it's about how you spend that money.

Money wise, it is equivalent to Hunter, Matusz, and Webb. It would only be 9 free agents after this year since we would have removed several free agents to be. Perhaps they still sign Wright but the bullpen would be completely different.

The Orioles would gladly have paid Miller that for a year or two. He could have gotten a larger salary than we gave Jim Johnson. He could never have gotten FOUR YEARS. He has had only one year that he was healthy FOUR MONTHS.

But if everyone ignores the crazy people, who's going to tell them they're crazy??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111one

Hopefully they're left speaking to an empty room. As it lies the ignore function really isn't that, as everyone quotes "crazy" too much whilst arguing with it. :laughlol:

He pointed out to you what team had the best record in a 162 game season, that's the 2001 Mariners which had no A-Rod or Griffey and had also lost Randy Johnson by then too but still won 116 games in 2001 wit hthe same payroll as the 2001 Orioles who lost nearly 99 games. It's not about how much money you spend ultimately, it's about how you spend that money.

Thank you. Can I hire you as a weams interpreter?

We are discussing a team that won 116 games. The 2001 Mariners. Not the Orioles. Or their horrible players.

Okay, thanks.

And the Marlins won the WS with the smallest payroll for a WS in decades.

I still contend the 2014 roster was returning lots of key players, and you can beat up the FO all you want, doesn't change, the fact.

I'd be happy.

Very happy. I just want the team to win.

That's all.

The one thing I hate is watching completely winnable games go down the drain.

Especially when it could have been avoided by incredibly simple moves during the offseason.

MSK

It's both totally amazing and completely predictable that you would type these nonsensical words. Am I to assume that you think that teams with a real commitment to winning, say the Yanks, or the Dodgers, never have "completely winnable games go down the drain"?

Okay, thanks.

And the Marlins won the WS with the smallest payroll for a WS in decades.

I still contend the 2014 roster was returning lots of key players, and you can beat up the FO all you want, doesn't change, the fact.

I think we're on the same page here Rick. I am not upset at the O's FO at all. I mean yeah it made me ill seeing Miller out there last night in pinstripes and doing to us what he did for us in August, September, and October. I also think that Snider was a nice find and he was far from my first choice of the lot of corner outfielders available. I was sad to see Nelly go but at the same time no way do I give a big four year deal to a mid 30's DH coming off a career year. What I want the O's to do is to build up a nice coundation so when it comes to being able to extend young guys like Schoop, Tillman, and Machado, we're able to afford it since we won't have contracts clogging it up.

Archived