What to do about the bullpen?

Crazysilver03

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really poor outing by Tillman. And an equally poor outing by McFarland. Not sure why we're using McFarland after a late inning game the other day....should have been optioned for someone that has strikeout stuff. Alas, having Garcia in the bullpen and Lake on the bench hurt this club yet again.

Really poor outing by Tillman. And an equally poor outing by McFarland. Not sure why we're using McFarland after a late inning game the other day....should have been optioned for someone that has strikeout stuff. Alas, having Garcia in the bullpen and Lake on the bench hurt this club yet again.

Being on the West Coast makes it hard to make a quick move. Tommorrow the same thing only worse. We need an Epic performance from KG to save us. In a bad way...

Being on the West Coast makes it hard to make a quick move. Tommorrow the same thing only worse. We need an Epic performance from KG to save us. In a bad way...

It was a day game on Sunday. They had all day Monday. And most of the day Tuesday to get another piece here.

I'm just flabbergasted how abysmal Duquette has been in both the offseason and during the season.

It was a day game on Sunday. They had all day Monday. And most of the day Tuesday to get another piece here.

I'm just flabbergasted how abysmal Duquette has been in both the offseason and during the season.

:P Got us Mychal Givens tonight. And TJ... Yeah, DD is terrible...

FWIW, I'm strictly speaking about this season.

So far this year DFA'd:

Cabrera

De Aza

Young

Parmelee

Snider

Norris

Traded Hunter for Junior Lake

For some ungodly reason called Junior Lake up when we're playing down a bullpen arm for Garcia

And now we have McFarland up here instead of guys like Oliver Drake, Steve Johnson or really anyone that has a decent SO/9 in a bullpen role.

FWIW, I'm strictly speaking about this season.

So far this year DFA'd:

Cabrera

De Aza

Young

Parmelee

Snider

Norris

Traded Hunter for Junior Lake

For some ungodly reason called Junior Lake up when we're playing down a bullpen arm for Garcia

And now we have McFarland up here instead of guys like Oliver Drake, Steve Johnson or really anyone that has a decent SO/9 in a bullpen role.

Opinions vary. I don't have the energy to debate it tonight.

Saves >>>> Wins #Save Rule

Before you can save a game, you have to win. I don't understand the magical abilities that allow a relief pitcher to get saves and other pitchers can't even attempt to get a save. I guess that's why I'm not a MLB manager.

Lake needs to go yesterday to bring up another RP

We can't really complain about the bullpen after they gave us like 7 scoreless IP. Realistically we're Two bats, One SP and One reliever short.

Yeah, I have been using this as the De facto "2015 Ongoing Bullpen" thread, hence many of my posts in it are not necessarily critical of it (the bullpen.)

Overall, the bullpen has been pretty amazing as of late.

The loss to the Angels on Sunday had an almost identical pattern to that of this game, with the bullpen being pressed into action very early because of the starting pitcher being ineffective, and holding the fort for 5, 6, 7 innings.

In that game on Sunday, McFarland, O'Day, and Brach all pitched well. I would even argue that Matusz pitched well, striking out the first batter that he faced before Showalter put him in a very precarious position with the back-to-back intentional walks. The only relief pitcher who pitched badly in that game was Chaz Roe.

Yeah, I have been using this as the De facto "2015 Ongoing Bullpen" thread, hence many of my posts in it are not necessarily critical of it (the bullpen.)

Overall, the bullpen has been pretty amazing as of late.

The loss to the Angels on Sunday had an almost identical pattern to that of this game, with the bullpen being pressed into action very early because of the starting pitcher being ineffective, and holding the fort for 5, 6, 7 innings.

In that game on Sunday, McFarland, O'Day, and Brach all pitched well. I would even argue that Matusz pitched well, striking out the first batter that he faced before Showalter put him in a very precarious position with the back-to-back intentional walks. The only relief pitcher who pitched badly in that game was Chaz Roe.

Matusz pitched really well yesterday. Came in with runners on second and third and one out. Mariners were already up 5-2. Another run or two and probably the Orioles never catch up. In hindsight ,maybe better if they did not. Bullpen for today's game ,unless they fly someone into Seattle is Britton,O'Day and maybe Givens for an inning. Gausman goes short and Garcia almost has to pitch. Palmer mentioned the bullpen has been in many high leverage games and some of them look a little tired. You can blame TJ,but he is the long man who has been in 2 games in three days. The bullpen makeup might have cost us yesterday's or Sunday's game. The starters have to go deeper or the Orioles are done. Trying to hide Garcia for another 18 days is not good. They can have Lake go down for 18 days. What does he really bring to the team. Maybe he has to be here since DD got him. if I get them ,they must come up.

So will every thread you post in devolve into you telling us all about your hatred of DD for the 100th time?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived