O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

It would be helpful if we actually had a definition of what "political" is, since it seems to be the thing that we aren't allowed to discuss even though it's everywhere.
As has been stated

I just didn't want to get into a discussion of how/why it got to this point. It is happening, and I'd prefer to keep it to the aftermath and its effects.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This, for example, is entirely a political statement. Saying that peaceful demonstrations are fine while violence is not is a political statement. Yet I know if I respond to this, I will be called out for being "political."

When one starts talking about political parties and liberal-conservative perspective, is usually a sure fire way to invoke things.

It would be helpful if we actually had a definition of what "political" is, since it seems to be the thing that we aren't allowed to discuss even though it's everywhere.

Yeah I don't really understand how giving an opinion, on what the mayor or governor did or didn't do right in this situation, is being political just because they're politicians.

This, for example, is entirely a political statement. Saying that peaceful demonstrations are fine while violence is not is a political statement. Yet I know if I respond to this, I will be called out for being "political."

I am pretty sure you know the difference based on the comment you were called out on.

I think if you have to ask, you already know. Really, the question you should be asking (if you're being honest) is, "what level of political discussion can I try to disguise as something else can I get away with before I'm given a vacation from the board?"

I am pretty sure you know the difference based on the comment you were called out on.

No, I don't. What it seems to me is that the board will encourage discussions that blame the rioters while censoring discussion of why the rioters acted as they did. It's a joke. But fine, whatever, I won't participate any more. Everyone can return to their previously scheduled discussion about the need for non-violence and the need to go out and buy more guns. Adios.

The Governor for some reason was require to wait for the Mayor to request aid. Which was delayed for 5 hours.

We have to be very careful, we are treading on thin water here.

Let's keep this thing from going political and locking up the tread.

I read a book about Katrina earlier this year that went into the protocol of bringing in the National Guard., SOE, mandatory evacuations. Eye opening stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we can have a debate then about the appropriateness of violence as a means for bringing about political change? Because that's not a discussion of "how/why it got to this point."
Explain to me how you can discuss "political change" without it being political? Never mind, it was a rhetorical question. You seem determined to go there, so please feel free to find another place to discuss that topic.
Yeah I don't really understand how giving an opinion, on what the mayor or governor did or didn't do right in this situation, is being political just because they're politicians.
Because some people view that as being partisan one way or the other, right or wrong. Politics was banned here long ago because of the divisiveness and sometimes anger that results.

This is how this board will be moderated. Hopefully, people will respect that.

No, I don't. What it seems to me is that the board will encourage discussions that blame the rioters while censoring discussion of why the rioters acted as they did. It's a joke. But fine, whatever, I won't participate any more. Everyone can return to their previously scheduled discussion about the need for non-violence and the need to go out and buy more guns. Adios.

Yeah you do. The line between condoning protesting and violence should be clear to anyone. Reasons were off the table for both sides. It was pretty clear.

Archived