Gausman to DL (Shoulder Tendonitis)

TonySoprano

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn that seems silly. The only reasoning would be to save money.

I am sure, they have their reasons.

Kevin Gausman is expected to be optioned to Triple-A Norfolk and make starts on June 6 and 11. He's supposed to work three innings or throw 45 pitches in his first start and be extended to four innings in his next outing.This wouldn't count as an injury rehab assignment. Gausman would be activated from the disabled list and optioned.

Gausman will face hitters on Friday, throw a bullpen session on Sunday and pitch a two-inning simulated game Tuesday in Houston

Damn that seems silly. The only reasoning would be to save money.

The reason is to get him more innings. He wasn't pitching enough out of the bullpen to prepare him to start next season. He has things to work on. He needs innings.

But, that would help his major league clock, wouldn't it.

This way, back in the minors, it stops the clock.

But then you burn up his last option and can't send him down next year, if, for instance, all the crap they have been doing to him the last few years impedes his performance.

Going to be an exciting year next season with Gausman and Bundy both out of options.

Is that really worth shaving a couple weeks off his service time?

But then you burn up his last option and can't send him down next year, if, for instance, all the crap they have been doing to him the last few years impedes his performance.

Going to be an exciting year next season with Gausman and Bundy both out of options.

Is that really worth shaving a couple weeks off his service time?

No, but I can't think of any other reason, for what they are doing.

Maybe Roch or Encina can explain it one of these days.

Since Gausman has to be on the team next year he needs to have some prolonged success starting at AAA. He's going to be fine. But he's behind Wright, Norris, Wilson for a spot in the rotation. Let the guy develop instead of yanking him around like we've done his whole career.

Since Gausman has to be on the team next year he needs to have some prolonged success starting at AAA. He's going to be fine. But he's behind Wright, Norris, Wilson for a spot in the rotation. Let the guy develop instead of yanking him around like we've done his whole career.

Why?

He went 7-7 with a 3.57 ERA in the majors last year.

Why would he be behind Wilson? Or Norris?

Why would he be behind Wilson? Or Norris?

Not my point. He needs to get innings. There is no open rotation spot for him. And once Norris comes back he'll be in MR. I meant he needs to have some prolonged success and be ready to be in the rotation next year. The bullpen thing wasn't working for him. Should he be on the team over Hunter/Norris/Matusz? Yes. But will that happen anytime soon? NO.

Not my point. He needs to get innings. There is no open rotation spot for him. And once Norris comes back he'll be in MR. I meant he needs to have some prolonged success and be ready to be in the rotation next year. The bullpen thing wasn't working for him. Should he be on the team over Hunter/Norris/Matusz? Yes. But will that happen anytime soon? NO.

If that isn't your point why did you bring it up?

I'm in favor of this. I'd like to see Gausman dominating with consistency in AAA before seeing him in the majors again.

Archived