The bullpen so far in May: 1.02 ERA. 0.51 WHIP, 10.7 K/9, 7.0 K/BB

Frobby

The bullpen had a rocky start this year but they seem to have righted the ship. Only Brad Brach has allowed a run this month. I haven't had time to look into it, but the back half of April wasn't bad either, it seems to me. We've not lost a game we were winning after 7 innings, and only one game we were leading after 6.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bullpen had a rocky start this year but they seem to have righted the ship. Only Brad Brach has allowed a run this month. I haven't had time to look into it, but the back half of April wasn't bad either, it seems to me. We've not lost a game we were winning after 7 innings, and only one game we were leading after 6.

But if we had Miller then the starting pitching would be much better.

But if we had Miller then the starting pitching would be much better.

Exactly! It's so good for some people to finally realize our losing Miller, Cruz and Markakis is the only problem this team has. Our offense sucks; it's the bottom of the league! Our bullpen is really stinking it up during this losing streak. At least the only thing we didn't need to touch was the starting pitching, because it will be fine. We have plenty of it. :)

Good post.

I think winning the blown save, helps the metrics out a tad bit for the bullpen. :)

Didn't Matusz (not only Brach) give up a home run in the Yanks series?

Still, yes, the bullpen has been fantastic. The only major breakdown ended up with Lough's walkoff. The reason we have been losing is that starting pitching - specfically Tillman and Bud - have sucked.

Didn't Matusz (not only Brach) give up a home run in the Yanks series?

Still, yes, the bullpen has been fantastic. The only major breakdown ended up with Lough's walkoff. The reason we have been losing is that starting pitching - specfically Tillman and Bud - have sucked.

It begins and ends with starting pitching right?

Actually it's not just the quality but the quantity. Early in the season we had a string of very short starts, including Ubaldo's ejection. I think that was cause for the rocky bullpen start more than anything.

Archived