Manny leading off

scOtt

What do y'all think? I don't see many games except on the weekends. He's off to a good start, .277/.355/.479, stealing some bases... He just doesn't seem suited to it to me.

Better than a slumping De Aza I guess...

I think you want to, in general, give as many at bats as you can to your better hitters.

And even if you don't. Over a short period of time, it is such a negligibly difference that you may as well let the fan of the game select the order. It really means so little. I guess if you bat your worst hitter first and you best last it would hurt some. I mean if you kept doing it 162 times.

What do y'all think? I don't see many games except on the weekends. He's off to a good start, .277/.355/.479, stealing some bases... He just doesn't seem suited to it to me.

Better than a slumping De Aza I guess...

I don't see why not. He hits to all fields, has 20+ HR power, has been showing better discipline, can steal a base once in a while? It's not like we don't have other middle of the order bats.

I don't see why not. He hits to all fields, has 20+ HR power, has been showing better discipline, can steal a base once in a while? It's not like we don't have other middle of the order bats.

That's true.

I think he's the absolute ideal number two hitter, but considering we don't have a really good lead off option, he's an excellent choice, particularly with Paredes, Jones and Davis behind him.

Another decent option might be Delmon Young, with a good average, decent OBP and a little pop. He's pretty fast too, so he won't clog the base paths. He's not a base stealer, but that's all overrated anyways.

But considering Young is only a part time player, Machado is the better option.

I think he's the absolute ideal number two hitter, but considering we don't have a really good lead off option, he's an excellent choice, particularly with Paredes, Jones and Davis behind him.

Another decent option might be Delmon Young, with a good average, decent OBP and a little pop. He's pretty fast too, so he won't clog the base paths. He's not a base stealer, but that's all overrated anyways.

He's shown an ability to get on base and his eye looks way better this year. He takes a lot of pitches. I don't see why he can't give us an improvement over nick at Leadoff at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's shown an ability to get on base and his eye looks way better this year. He takes a lot of pitches. I don't see why he can't give us an improvement over nick at Leadoff at the very least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had something like a four game streak where he didn't swing at anything out of the strike zone.

It is a borderline miraculous transformation.

I like him better in the 2-hole too. Seems to fit better there. Little better power, little less... leadoff stuff. I actually like ECab leading off.... but we all see how that is working out! :P

I like him better in the 2-hole too. Seems to fit better there. Little better power, little less... leadoff stuff. I actually like ECab leading off.... but we all see how that is working out! :P

If you mean Cabrera leading off for another team then I'm all for that. ;)

Archived