Blue Jays Game Safety and Parking

pdiddy

Not that it matters, but New York City is the second safest city in the country with a population of over 500k. Baltimore is the second most dangerous city in the country with a population of over 500k.

So in conclusion , anywhere you go in Baltimore is not likely safer than anywhere you go in NYC.

And you garnered these facts where? :confused:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you garnered these facts where? :confused:

I made them up. No, really, if you know how to type, there is a world of information readily available to you on this thing called the internet. They even do studies on the safest and most dangerous cities in the country using crime statistics. How crazy is that?

Not that it matters, but New York City is the second safest city in the country with a population of over 500k. Baltimore is the second most dangerous city in the country with a population of over 500k.

So in conclusion , anywhere you go in Baltimore is not likely safer than anywhere you go in NYC.

Good info. I must be relying on dated facts from my past and hearsay.

Good info. I must be relying on dated facts from my past and hearsay.

I think being prudent in any large city, makes common sense.

You try and stay with other people, in well lighted areas as much as possible, at night.

Also, at night, you skip the short cuts and stay on the main roads.

I made them up. No, really, if you know how to type, there is a world of information readily available to you on this thing called the internet. They even do studies on the safest and most dangerous cities in the country using crime statistics. How crazy is that?

Chicago is the worst city.

Baltimore was ranked #5, according to FBI stats from Nov 2014.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bal-new-fbi-statistics-baltimore-no-5-in-murder-rate-20141110-story.html

Honestly, even if there was unrest, I'd still go with the light rail. At least there would be safety in numbers as many fans would be on the train and station with you, as opposed to trying to walk to your car in the dark alone.

I know about Google and the Internet. I use it all of the time and what comes up on various subjects is quite contradictory. Which is why, when you say stuff comparing Baltimore and New York, that you cite your source so people can study it and draw their own conclusions.

I'm going to be in MD from out of town this coming week and was thinking about going to the game on Monday. My original plan was the light rail but given the environment I'm not sure if that's a great idea, especially after the game.

Does anyone know what they charge for Lots B and C and howearly they fill up?

Thanks!

On my season ticket games I park in B/C lots with pre-bought passes and its $8. On other games I go to I also park in the stadium lots and pay cash for $10, but they will rarely let you park in B/C anymore. Typically you go around behind Ravens Stadium. Still $10. Still a safe walk between stadiums with lots of Orioles fans. Still no walking alone in dark parts of the city. But a little further walk than B/C. That said, if you're staying at BWI, I agree with the others, take the light rail. There is a direct stop at BWI, and a direct stop at Oriole Park, and in that direction the light rail isn't going anywhere near where the problems were.

I'm still leery about going down there at all to be honest with you, and the idea that the Inner Harbor is safe is not one I would stick with. Maybe right now because of the increased police presence, but typically the Harbor has been where a lot of gang attacks have occurred on the average tourist. My daughter has her prom down there this Saturday and I am honestly a little scared of what I might encounter.

On my season ticket games I park in B/C lots and its $8. On other games I go to I also park in the stadium lots for $10, but they will rarely let you park in B/C anymore. Typically you go around behind Ravens Stadium. Still $10. Still a safe walk between stadiums with lots of Orioles fans. Still no walking alone in dark parts of the city. But a little further walk than B/C. That said, if you're staying at BWI, I agree with the others, take the light rail. There is a direct stop at BWI, and a direct stop at Oriole Park, and in that direction the light rail isn't going anywhere near where the problems were.

I'm still leery about going down there at all to be honest with you, and the idea that the Inner Harbor is safe is not one I would stick with. Maybe right now because of the increased police presence, but typically the Harbor has been where a lot of gang attacks have occurred on the average tourist. My daughter has her prom down there this Saturday and I am honestly a little scared of what I might encounter.

I might add, if you are a legal handicap placcard or plate, you can usually get into B Lot with no problems, and on some occasions even A lot. Of course, arriving when the gate opens, is also helpful.

On my season ticket games I park in B/C lots with pre-bought passes and its $8. On other games I go to I also park in the stadium lots and pay cash for $10, but they will rarely let you park in B/C anymore. Typically you go around behind Ravens Stadium. Still $10. Still a safe walk between stadiums with lots of Orioles fans. Still no walking alone in dark parts of the city. But a little further walk than B/C. That said, if you're staying at BWI, I agree with the others, take the light rail. There is a direct stop at BWI, and a direct stop at Oriole Park, and in that direction the light rail isn't going anywhere near where the problems were.

I am not saying you are wrong or anything. But my wife and I go to the inner harbor frequently. We never had a problem

shrug

I'm truly sorry that you have such fear.

As for "a lot of gang attacks [occurring] on the average tourist" in the Inner Harbor? Citation needed.

I'm truly sorry that you have such fear.

As for "a lot of gang attacks [occurring] on the average tourist" in the Inner Harbor? Citation needed.

Inner Harbor is real safe. Except for Easter Monday that some craziness happened for a couple of years Otherwise the harbor is probably as safe as any city location.

Archived