Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

14 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Thanks, Lars. 

Soto is such a bad outfielder. This play wasn't easy, but I swear every time I watch a rally against the Yankees it involves Soto stumbling around and then narrowly missing the ball. 

Earlier in the game he started in on a ball that ended up being off the wall.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Thanks, Lars. 

Soto is such a bad outfielder. This play wasn't easy, but I swear every time I watch a rally against the Yankees it involves Soto stumbling around and then narrowly missing the ball. 

No questions about Soto’s batting . But playing defense on the field ?  It’s like he is allergic to baseballs ⚾️, smh 

48 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

No questions about Soto’s batting . But playing defense on the field ?  It’s like he is allergic to baseballs ⚾️, smh 

Do the Y's talk about limiting him to DH? He's only 24 and so I guess they may think he can still learn to play the outfield?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Whatever the question was, he says he's not answering it and it's a question for the front office. I don't see how that means or implies anything negative. Maybe there is something going on but that quote is not evidence. 
    • Treat players like robots instead of human beings and this is what happens. Elias and Sig are going to learn that the hard way if they're not learning already.
    • It would make sense that they’re not happy with the FO. Down the stretch in September we’re playing struggling rookies and Maton/Rivera, while watching Norby become a big leaguer in Miami. 
    • Just based off of that quote, is there any reason to think some underlying issues are going on. Like I said, maybe not with the clubhouse but maybe the players aren’t happy with the FO?
    • The appeal of Hyde was always that he has the respect of the clubhouse. I’ve never been a fan of his but I get that argument. He’s poor in bullpen and player management. He’s overly reliant on L/R matchups and tends to run his main guys into the ground. You don’t see any strategic thinking in late game substitutions.    I don’t know, and nobody here does, if he’s lost the respect of the clubhouse. If that’s even partially true though, you have to make the change. He doesn’t provide enough in other areas to make it worth losing his main strength. I’d hate to see us go down the path of the Blue Jays. Everyone thought when Vlad came up they’d be winning the division multiple times and playing in a World Series. It’s all very fleeting and you don’t want to waste prime years with a guy who currently lacks the capability to get us there. 
    • What exactly was the question that was asked here? And is there a video version rather than just a text version? 
    • What a nothing burger!    
  • Popular Contributors