Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

This victory against the Yanks gives us the most wins in the Majors (19), tied with Cleveland, Atlanta and the Dodgers (who's games are in progress). I'll take it for what it's worth... lol. Kind of feels good at the moment.

Just now, Jagwar said:

This is still the Evil Empire

But this is not the Evil Empire we all grew to hate in the 70s, 80s, 90s and into the 21st century

Soto is pretty hate-able haha. 

About mean mugging Kremer “He didn’t like the shuffle. I bet he didn’t like the HR either”. Yeah well I hope you loved your loss buddy. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

About mean mugging Kremer “He didn’t like the shuffle. I bet he didn’t like the HR either”. Yeah well I hope you loved your loss buddy. 

What I mean is... this is not the Yankees who spend the most money for free agents, who spend the most money to retain players. Look at the lineup tonight. Only Soto and Rizzo are FAs, but everyone else is a homegrown talent. 

The Yankees have to be pocketing millions and millions of profit right now, don't they?

3 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

What I mean is... this is not the Yankees who spend the most money for free agents, who spend the most money to retain players. Look at the lineup tonight. Only Soto and Rizzo are FAs, but everyone else is a homegrown talent. 

The Yankees have to be pocketing millions and millions of profit right now, don't they?

I knew what you meant. I just wanted to post my little Soto tidbit lol. 

Stanton also not home grown. Traded for. 

I do get what you were going for though. 

5 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I knew what you meant. I just wanted to post my little Soto tidbit lol. 

Stanton also not home grown. Traded for. 

I do get what you were going for though. 

Don't misunderstand me. My mom instilled on me a complete disdain for the Yankees back in the 70s. Can't tell you how many times I heard her yell at her radio "$%^& Munson!" (Or insert Guidry, Jackson, Nettles, Gossage, Chambliss). She did the same all the way through her passing in 2005. The players' names changed, but the vitriol and venom were the same. 

It's just not the same with this Yankees lineup. How do you yell at Volpe, Cabrera and Grisham in the same way you did at Giambi, ARod and Jeter?

10 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Probably, but Stanton is a horrible contract and Judge and Cole are making a boatload. 

But yes I’d imagine they are still making quite a profit. 

11 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

No one pimps a loss like Juan Soto.

• Haha 1