As much as most of us root for Crush... He's not helping on offense...

Bazooka Jones

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have mixed feelings on this. When we're down one and need a big blast, do your thing and swing for the fences. But when we're down 2 or more late in the game and need base runners, and they give you the 3rd base line, then he needs to bunt and get on base and be a team player. Jones does it. Paredes has done it. Manny does it. Davis doesn't.

What is even more egregious is his (or Buck's) refusal to bunt even in bunting situations. When you have 1st and 2nd in a scoreless game in the late innings, a single run makes a huge difference in your win probability. Even more so if they are playing a shift defense, since there is a good chance you may end up with a hit.

Anyway, I like what Buck did dropping Chris in the order. Hopefully reduces the damage of his strikeouts somewhat while still giving him the opportunity to get back into a groove.

No, I actually pointed out Martins' opinion/usage of Reggie Jackson with respect to K's as being dim-witted and pointed out that you and Martin would have gotten along on the subject. You should probably take some time to read things.

It was a failed attempt at being witty.

What is even more egregious is his (or Buck's) refusal to bunt even in bunting situations. When you have 1st and 2nd in a scoreless game in the late innings, a single run makes a huge difference in your win probability. Even more so if they are playing a shift defense, since there is a good chance you may end up with a hit.

Anyway, I like what Buck did dropping Chris in the order. Hopefully reduces the damage of his strikeouts somewhat while still giving him the opportunity to get back into a groove.

I agree with that

No, thats not the way, I took it.

He was happy the guy hit two and the team won.

But, I think he was trying to caution us the fans, to keep things in perspective.

I wasn't referencing that comment about Crush, just his voice overall is irritating.

o

(vs. WHITE SOX, 5/28) O[Game One]

Chris Davis was the only Oriole batter who did not strike out in this game.

That might be the most unlikely thing that happens in MLB all year.

Just goes to show you how worthless statistics are.

I wasn't referencing that comment about Crush, just his voice overall is irritating.

I did not know Chris Davis could sing. Was he on the Voice? Davis seems like a really nice guy who is honest. i don't care if his voice is irritating. Now if he and Hunter were doing a broadcast together that might bother me. Of course,any broadcast with Hunter annoys me.:)

I did not know Chris Davis could sing. Was he on the Voice? Davis seems like a really nice guy who is honest. i don't care if his voice is irritating. Now if he and Hunter were doing a broadcast together that might bother me. Of course,any broadcast with Hunter annoys me.:)

Steve Davis from 105.7 is irritating, not Crush.

Archived