Dariel Alvarez is warming up

wildcard

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 errors for Alvarez. That seems like a lot for a "plus defender."

I have listened to a few Tides games. The way the announcers talk about him he has a plus, plus arm but he is not a plus defender.

That is not like seeing him in person or on TV but that is my impression at this point.

I think he could OPS 700 in OPACY the rest of the year. Combine that with plus defense and I'll take it. Bye Bye Lough.

I think Lough could OPS .700 in OPACY the rest of the year and he has good defense across the outfield, not just in the corners. Maybe Alvarez could do most of that, but he just went on a 12-game hot streak to get his OPS up to the .630s in AAA. Lough spent parts of four years in AAA and never had an OPS under .737, and went as high as .850.

Andrelton Simmons might be the best shortstop who ever lived and he made 14 errors each of the last two seasons.

Obviously, there is a big difference between the number of errors one expects to see in the OF and the number one expects at SS or 3B. And yes, I am well aware that errors are not the only measure of defense, and perhaps not the most important one. Still, four errors in 53 games is a lot for an OF.

Obviously, there is a big difference between the number of errors one expects to see in the OF and the number one expects at SS or 3B. And yes, I am well aware that errors are not the only measure of defense, and perhaps not the most important one. Still, four errors in 53 games is a lot for an OF.

Why do you hate Andrelton Simmons? <kidding>

Buck's answer about shaking things up with who? - accurately points out the quality of the alternatives the O's have at Norfolk.

I won't belabor this too much, but an outfielder with four errors in 53 games is unremarkable. Roberto Clemente once had a season where he fielded .948 in the outfield and made 13 errors in 104 games. Didn't we have a thread last year where folks were extremely worried about JJ making like five errors in a week, then he made that many the whole rest of the year?

I won't belabor this too much, but an outfielder with four errors in 53 games is unremarkable. Roberto Clemente once had a season where he fielded .948 in the outfield and made 13 errors in 104 games. Didn't we have a thread last year where folks were extremely worried about JJ making like five errors in a week, then he made that many the whole rest of the year?

OK, you've made your point. I'm pretty amazed about Clemente. DRS still has him +13 for that year.

Archived