Dariel Alvarez is warming up

wildcard

Alvarez hit another homer today. That is 2 in the last three games and 9 on the season.

He is now 33 for his last 91 (.363). He has 6 HR and 18 RBI in that period. He is now up to a 725 OPS on the season and rising.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alvarez hit another homer today. That is 2 in the last three games and 9 on the season.

He is now 33 for his last 91 (.363). He has 6 HR and 18 RBI in that period. He is now up to a 725 OPS on the season and rising.

OK, I am starting to pay attention, even though there is no room at the inn.

I wonder what the park factor is at the tides home stadium. Parm and reimold have come up and immediately hit for power. Alvarez is on pace for a 20 homer season down there. The park factor is making me not be so down on Christian walker this year.

The majority of Walkers homeruns have been in Norfolk though.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Found this on milb.com. Pretty good read for park factors. http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140203&content_id=66858162&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb

Some interesting notes...

"Outside of Frederick, there are few extreme hitters' parks in the Carolina League. Since 2010, there have been a league-best 516 homers hit in Keys' home games, compared to a league-worst 307 long balls in their road games. Harry Grove Stadium saw the most homers of any park in the circuit in 2013, 2012 and 2010, and it ranked second behind Winston-Salem in 2011."

"Considering that Bowie is a pitchers' park, it might not come as a surprise that Mike Wright posted a 3.26 ERA -- tied for the best mark in the league -- while going 11-3.

But give credit to the Baysox offense, too. Cleanup man Caleb Joseph batted .299 with 22 homers and 97 RBIs, which ranked fifth, fourth and second, respectively, in the Eastern League. Brandon Waring tied for the top spot with 23 long balls out of the middle of the order and Kyle Hudson ranked eighth with a .292 average and fifth with a .386 OBP, primarily from the leadoff spot."

2 for 4 today. 35 for his last 95 (.368). He has raised his OPS to 741 for the season.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Home run Dariel Alvarez! His two-run shot in the first gives Norfolk a 3-0 lead and ties Alvarez for the IL lead with 11 homers this year!</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="

">June 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OPS up to .757 on the season now.

Archived