Schoop back soon?

mdbdotcom

When he started his rehab assignment on Friday, word was that he would probably not play in consecutive games for a while. But, he started all three games this weekend.

Got his first hit today. I suspect that as soon as he starts to hit (or Flaherty goes cold), he will be back.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know flash isn't a star, but somehow I think we should not turn the 2nd. Base job over to schoop automatically.

Welcome!

If Flaherty is still hot, maybe they'll send Schoop down for a few weeks. He doesn't need to be down long for them to pick up another year of service from him.

I said as much EARLY LAST YEAR. I'm not one for "told you so's" and he could easily fail at first, but Schoop is definitely a keeper.I actually look at him as a future Robby Cano.

Yikes. Well that is certainly one of the more hyperbolic interpretations of 'nugget' that I can imagine.

That said, I like the fielding, love the arm, and the guy can and will presumably hit us some dingers. (But) for years Robbie was the 1st guy that I would've picked if I were building a team from scratch, and I do not expect to ever feel that way about Jonathan.

... and Flaherty is up to .743 OPS after today's game ... I'm not sure how much more than that we were expecting of Schoop this year ... and the first half of the year has always been Flaherty's cold half ...

Maybe playing full-time at the end of last season has helped in that regards?

Archived