Breaking News - Mammoth

weams

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of sentimental reasons why I love Delmon, but yeah, I think he's the odd man out. Would dread him coming in as a pinch hitter against us in an important game, however.

Too bad we were not able to sign him to half season contracts instead of the one-year ones we've done (tongue firmly in cheek here and here --->). I think there's a risk in throwing those pies after big wins. Look where it landed Adam. Hmm, could Delmon's pie technique land him on the DL?

477372884-philadelphia-phillies-v-baltimore-orioles-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QQQCqh3q9sXy9%2BIX1%2FsS%2BVJiUXz68NYwKjYetDvDfjECXo3qaLVf9wJMmA6Yl0njYw%3D%3D

Hasn't Delmon made the playoffs for 6 consecutive seasons.

I'm not much for superstition.... but I'd hate to DFA Delmon, have him picked up by the Yankees (he'd be an upgrade on Carlos Beltran) and then make the playoffs with the Yankees.

He seems to have some kind of voodoo like magic working for him.

The team must think so too. He also had 8 assists the last time I checked, but he hasn't been playing RF as much. Of course, that is probably half the amount of times he's over thrown the cut off.

Guest rochester
Hasn't Delmon made the playoffs for 6 consecutive seasons.

I'm not much for superstition.... but I'd hate to DFA Delmon, have him picked up by the Yankees (he'd be an upgrade on Carlos Beltran) and then make the playoffs with the Yankees.

He seems to have some kind of voodoo like magic working for him.

whoa... I just found this article.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-09-16/sports/bal-delmon-young-fortunate-enough-to-keep-making-playoff-appearances-20140916_1_orioles-postseason-cleveland-indians

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> rehab Jonathan Schoop leads off the bottom of the 1st inning with a mammoth HR to LF on 1st pitch of inning. 2nd hit in 4 games</p>? Bowie Baysox (@BowieBaysox) <a href="
">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go get 'em JS.

Count me in the adios Delmon camp.

I don't see anything Young is doing that isn't completely and utterly replaceable.

Low BA, low ops, little power this season, hasnt even been pinch hitting well lately, no speed and little to no defense.

Why can't we give schoop his roster spot again?

Nolan and Pearce can get that job done. If we really need too, Alvarez could replace either of them eventually as well, especially with his raw power hitting in Camden yards as opposed to harbor park.

The writing is on the wall for Delmon. Thank you for all you did for us last year. Vaya con Dios!

Archived