Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Vass of <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio">@MLBNetworkRadio</a> says the Rockies will eat $6 of the approximate $105M owed to Tulo. Not $6M, $6.00.</p>— CJ Nitkowski (@CJNitkowski) <a href="
">July 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh yeah.. Blue Jays had to give up something more then Castro. I seriously hope it's Hoffman.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Vass of <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio">@MLBNetworkRadio</a> says the Rockies will eat $6 of the approximate $105M owed to Tulo. Not $6M, $6.00.</p>? CJ Nitkowski (@CJNitkowski) <a href="
">July 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is officially the weirded trade of all time.. Nothing about it makes any sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad that you find the irony funny. The thing is, anywho watches games and understands baseball would know that Zobrist is a good player. It doesn't take fangraphs to recognize that he is exactly the kind of player that the Orioles have needed.

I was referring to specific people and they know who they are. The self-rightous shtick is obnoxious.

Not all sabermetrics guys are evil lol. Baseball is more of a stat driven game than other sports and there are more individual stats involved. But it is still just a game and some people get a superiority complex based on the way that they choose to enjoy said game.

If stats told the whole story of a players potential value then there would be no reason for scouting departments. I think everyone understands that and incorporates their interpretation of their observations into their assessments and opinions of players. Several people can have varying opinions and preferences about players with very similar WAR and other advanced stats.

That said there is no way on gods green earth that you can say thay player X who has averaged say 2.1 WAR over 4 years is better than player Y who has averaged 4.2 simply cause of an eye test or some perceived intangible not stat driven. It just not realisitic. Its something that seems to be a theme though in your posts. When confronted with statistical data that is meaningfull, you break out the intangible observational arguement to defend a position which is clearly wrong instead of just saying....hey all those fancy stats may be true but i just like this guy and have a gut feeling about him. Which amounts to essentially hiring Dionne Warwicks Pyschic friends to be the team GM. There is a reason teams use these stats...they have proven to give better results than the good old gut feeling.

I am not attacking you here, simply saying that in my observation you seem to perceive anyone contradicting your opinions with stats as some kind of bullying. Its pretty unfair to those guys. I am interested in them and understand them but not nearly at a level that some on this board do. I have been corrected or called out when a perception I had was incorrect. Personally I am thankful usually, I am more interested in learning and accuracy than winning an argument or ego.

Just my experience here

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This is officially the weirded trade of all time.. Nothing about it makes any sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 dollars lol

That is hilarious. I gotta inagine it must be some kind of contractual thing in someones contract otherwise why bother.

If I were the Rockies GM j would have held out for a 25$ gift card to Walmart.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Interesting trade. I'm assuming the players to be announced later are minor leaguers. If so, they just thinned out their system a little (although maybe not much) to beef up their power at short.

They still need pitching though.

Looks like Rockies got great return between Castro and Hoffman

Yea if they gave up Castro and Hoffman I do not get how this deal makes one iota of sense unless their is a third team in the mix and they are getting something else as well. Barring that, the Jays got shafted IMO

The fact that the Jays gave up Reyes, Hoffman and Castro then the deal makes no sense to me. The difference between Reyes and Tulo is not enough to give up that much IMO. Especially when you pitching sucks and you already cream the ball.

Wow. As if their offense wasn't miles ahead as it is, they go ahead and do this. They're now the Big Blue Machine, and I ain't kiddin

C Martin (126)

1B Encarnacion (117)

2B Travis (134)

3B Donaldson (145)

SS Tulowitski (114)

LF Colabello (139)

CF Pillar (95)

RF Bautista (141)

DH Smoak (117) or Valencia (133)

That's what they can trot out there now. That is nuts, it looks like a fantasy roster.

Yea if they gave up Castro and Hoffman I do not get how this deal makes one iota of sense unless their is a third team in the mix and they are getting something else as well. Barring that, the Jays got shafted IMO

Hopefully Tulo and the turf is not a good combo and he doesn't impact this race. The more of these unexpected trades, the better for us. Flood the market with bats.

Archived