Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

If Philies/Rangers happens (and I'm still highly confident no one beats the package Rangers have offered -- and certainly not what Phillies have asked for), Philly is going to be good soon -- maybe 2017.

Just based on what they got back from Texas and Washington? Or does their minor league system actually help out? Doesnt seem they have any other tradeable assets.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Philies/Rangers happens (and I'm still highly confident no one beats the package Rangers have offered -- and certainly not what Phillies have asked for), Philly is going to be good soon -- maybe 2017.

Why are the Rangers trading for Hamels? I feel like their team is years away from contention. It would make more sense to keep their young players and start rebuilding right away.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If completed, Dodgers get Wood, Latos, Johnson, Peraza, Morse. Braves get Olivera, Zach Bird, draft pick. Marlins get 3 low-level pitchers.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="
">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So they just got their ammo for Price.

Wood is already a 2/3 starter, young, and left handed. Would think they could get more than what they are receiving for him and JJ. Especially considering Olivera is the main piece coming back but is 30 years old.

Could also be some drama. Just as if the Orioles took on Kemp to get good stuff from San Diego, it'd spell the certain end of Wieters and Davis, Tulo in Toronto tells at least one if not both of Bautista and E5 that after the 2016 club option, they're done.

How so though? Tulo is simply replacing Reyes who was going to be there anyway.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wilmer Flores still in the game for the Mets with tears in his eyes. Reportedly part of the Carlos Gomez trade with Brewers. Weird situation</p>— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) <a href="

Wood is already a 2/3 starter, young, and left handed. Would think they could get more than what they are receiving for him and JJ. Especially considering Olivera is the main piece coming back but is 30 years old.

Yeah really confused by the Braves involvement.

Why are the Rangers trading for Hamels? I feel like their team is years away from contention. It would make more sense to keep their young players and start rebuilding right away.

The Rangers system is deep. And they think they can contend next year.

I'm hoping they use Wood and Peraza to help get Price.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wilmer Flores still in the game for the Mets with tears in his eyes. Reportedly part of the Carlos Gomez trade with Brewers. Weird situation</p>? MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) <a href="

CLIFlTbWsAAO1Oh.png

WTF Mets?

Yeah really confused by the Braves involvement.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I like Jose Peraza for what he is, but you're getting way more impact in Hector Olivera's bat. Would be a strong upgrade for Atlanta.</p>— Ben Badler (@BenBadler) <a href="

They actually think in Texas that they are close based on their few winning streaks they've had and that they will be getting Yu back. At least if you listen to any Dallas Sports talk radio.

Pompey not off limits. Stroman definitely is. Norris is not. Slew of additional power arms in lower minors -- and Tigers like arms -- and it's only a few months of Price.

Tigers are retooling not rebuilding. They want arms that are a year or two out. Pompey is untouchable in a sense.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Justin Upton has left the game for San Diego.</p>— Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond) <a href="

Archived