Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

Because the Hamels contract is a very good value if you believe he stays healthy and declines at reasonable rate. And Texas very much believes they can compete next year. Looking to move Choo and get aggressive in FA, as well.

Is there a market for Choo?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because the Hamels contract is a very good value if you believe he stays healthy and declines at reasonable rate. And Texas very much believes they can compete next year. Looking to move Choo and get aggressive in FA, as well.

I want to see the deal that gets someone to take Choo's contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Surreal scene. Mets trade Wilmer Flores but leave him in game. Flores then cries on field while playing. <a href="http://t.co/0CDpjGpwpS">pic.twitter.com/0CDpjGpwpS</a></p>— Jimmy Traina (@JimmyTraina) <a href="

">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just based on what they got back from Texas and Washington? Or does their minor league system actually help out? Doesnt seem they have any other tradeable assets.

Plus Crawford, Nola, Franco, slew of Double-A arms, and money to grab one big piece in FA.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Surreal scene. Mets trade Wilmer Flores but leave him in game. Flores then cries on field while playing. <a href="http://t.co/0CDpjGpwpS">pic.twitter.com/0CDpjGpwpS</a></p>? Jimmy Traina (@JimmyTraina) <a href="

Thats crazy. Do the Mets not have someone that could replace him in game?

Is there a market for Choo?

I can't imagine there is for his current contract, so my guess would be they eat a huge chunk of the salary just to get the other chunk off the books and spend elsewhere.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For panicky Braves fans: Most in the industry no longer see Peraza as Braves' best prospect. Should be solid, is young, but far from elite.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

I figure Olivera will help immediately but Atlanta is looking for contention in 2017 or 2018, seems Olivera's talent wont be capitalized on.

Olivera's 30 years old and injured. It makes less than zero sense for the Braves of all teams to trade their top prospect for him.

Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports has the outline of this still-developing trade ?

If completed, Dodgers get Wood, Latos, Johnson, Peraza, Morse. Braves get Olivera, Zach Bird, draft pick. Marlins get 3 low-level pitchers.

? Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 30, 2015

Were the Dodgers wearing a mask and carrying a gun? They just got Olivera for nothing but cash, and they turn him into a package like that?

Lol at the Braves. They couldn't afford to sign Olivera, but they can afford to give up a quality young starting pitcher, their best prospect, and their closer. And all they get as far as youth is Zack Bird - who's known more for being an athlete than a pitcher and might never make it to the majors? Wow. Stottle, help me out - what am I missing here?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The trade that actually might be closest to completion, at this moment, is Hamels to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rangers?src=hash">#Rangers</a>. First to report close: <a href="https://twitter.com/Sullivan_Ranger">@Sullivan_Ranger</a>.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

Archived