Orioles 30-3 record loss might be in jeopardy tonight

TINSTAAPP

Sorry but I gotta disagree. They are not a talentless void but Girardi has gotten a ton out of that geriatric crew.

Girardi really has made a believer out of me. Yet, I'm sorry but I can't help and think that team is loaded with HGH. I mean they should just not be scoring THAT many runs with so many people that old.

Players on the Yankees who have long histories of getting hurt are not getting hurt. And their older players are all producing like it is 2010. That is the part that I can't understand. We watched AROD in the 2012 playoffs (when he was 3 years younger) and he couldn't do a damn thing at the plate. Now he clobbers every pitch?? I think he is on the sauce again, but the whole team is overachieving given how they have finished in 2013 and 2014.

Players on the Yankees who have long histories of getting hurt are not getting hurt. And their older players are all producing like it is 2010. That is the part that I can't understand. We watched AROD in the 2012 playoffs (when he was 3 years younger) and he couldn't do a damn thing at the plate. Now he clobbers every pitch?? I think he is on the sauce again, but the whole team is overachieving given how they have finished in 2013 and 2014.

What part of he was injured is so hard to understand?

21-5 final. A demolition, to be sure, but still far short of the Orioles' epic pounding (which I had the misfortune to attend).

It's time for us to admit that the Yankees are better than we thought they'd be. They are probably not going to end up closer to .500 than they are now. They'll probably win 90+.

What part of he was injured is so hard to understand?

Unless he slows considerably, AROD is on pace to hit the most homeruns he has hit in a season since he was 32 years old, and he wasn't exactly clean living then. So I do tend to be moderately skeptical of a proven liar who is better at 40 than he was at 33, 34, etc. I honestly didn't think too much of it this year until he hit 3 homers in Minnesota that averaged 435 feet. That seemed a tad much to me. Especially when I remember Griffey Jr. at 40 hitting zero homers in his last season. Or even Jeter last year who would square up on a pitch and it would be nothing more than a lazy flyout. Even if AROD was injured in 2012 and that contributed to him being lousy at the plate, the fact is he was 37 years old and being injured is very normal for a 37 year old baseball player. The fact that he is 40 and very healthy is kind of unusual even if he is just DHing.

21-5 final. A demolition, to be sure, but still far short of the Orioles' epic pounding (which I had the misfortune to attend).

It's time for us to admit that the Yankees are better than we thought they'd be. They are probably not going to end up closer to .500 than they are now. They'll probably win 90+.

The Yanks average 0.54 runs per inning. They'd scored 15 after three, right? So that means their normal rate of scoring should put them at three runs in the final six innings, or 18 total. The odds of them scoring 15 or more had to be very small. The six they actually scored was twice their normal rate. One standard deviation of runs scored in a game is 3.

Archived