Orioles trade Davies for Parra. Your verdict?

PaulFolk

Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?

• I approve. A small price to pay to fix the O's OF hole with a quality veteran.
    • I disapprove. The O's gave up up a pitching prospect for a rental who won't move the needle.

This poll is closed to new votes

Davies trade is the dumbest moment of DD's Orioles career. It capped off an absurd decision to not sell. We'd have better pitching now, $22M back, and the #14 pick.

I can defend other decisions, at least a bit, anyway.

I wish he had gone to Toronto.

Well, maybe this year if we are tied for the last wildcard spot we will sell. We should always sell unless we have a 14 game lead for the division.

Hader, 1.29 ERA, 7 IP, 9k, 3 BB, batters hit .192 off him

Davies, 3.60 ERa, 10 IP, 9K, 2 BB, batter s hit .189 off him.

Davies would be in our rotation this year. Hader would be our top prospect. Just saying.

If Davies can't crack the Brewers rotation, why would he be in ours?

Davies trade is the dumbest moment of DD's Orioles career. It capped off an absurd decision to not sell. We'd have better pitching now, $22M back, and the #14 pick.

I can defend other decisions, at least a bit, anyway.

I wish he had gone to Toronto.

You will not get an argument from me!

You will not get an argument from me!

Thank you! I felt like I was on an island. DD really hurt this team last year by not trading away some pieces when our team simply wasn't good enough to go far (even if we lucked into last WC spot). Bad assessment by the GM. And trading for Parra was unnecessary. If he was so concerned, he would have resigned Cruz or addressed OF prior to the season.

Sorry, end rant:)

Thank you! I felt like I was on an island. DD really hurt this team last year by not trading away some pieces when our team simply wasn't good enough to go far (even if we lucked into last WC spot). Bad assessment by the GM. And trading for Parra was unnecessary. If he was so concerned, he would have resigned Cruz or addressed OF prior to the season.

I was in the blow it up camp last year. I just don't post all that often. Sure we would have had a few years of losing but it would have been better in the long run.

But with that being said. I'm not sure I would trust Duquette with a fire sale either. He's not very shrewd when it comes to trades. I think other GM's know this.

Edited by OsEatAlEast

I don't understand the "felt like I was on an island" point. Look at the poll in this thread -- opinion was divided almost exactly 50-50 as to whether the Davies for Parra trade was a good idea. That's a pretty big island you were on.

I don't understand the "felt like I was on an island" point. Look at the poll in this thread -- opinion was divided almost exactly 50-50 as to whether the Davies for Parra trade was a good idea. That's a pretty big island you were on.

Not only the poll, the thread was pretty even. I was hotly engaged with a number of poster that thought it was a good idea.

Dan really hurt the team being open to being poached for five times the money he is making. I am glad we kept him, but I would be delusional to think that the incident did not have an effect on the team.

I wanted to try to win last year myself. Obviously Parra was not what the team needed. Tony was always very high on Davies and he looked ok the couple times I saw him on the island. I value Tony's opinion on players. He was never as good as Eduardo in my opinion. They were both good arms.

For a much bigger reason, he should have traded more pieces. It's not just about Parra, as the poll was, but bad assessment by the GM.

I was in the blow it up camp last year. I just don't post all that often. Sure we would have had a few years of losing but it would have been better in the long run.

But with that being said. I'm not sure I would trust Duquette with a fire sale either. He's not very shrewd when it comes to trades. I think other GM's know this.

Sorry, I can't blow up a team 1 game out of a playoff spot on July 30th. The goal every season is to make the post season....if you are close you have to go for it....if you are 10 games out of a WC spot, then you sell.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I can't blow up a team 1 game out of a playoff spot on July 30th. The goal every season is to make the post season....if you are close you have to go for it.

No one can. And no man who gets paid to do that. One of the 30 on earth, does it.